five.

[25th DEC. 2015]

It's Christmas Day, and you're currently sitting on the floor with your back resting against the couch at Jaehyun's house. The Christmas tree placed in the corner lit up the whole living room. During Christmas, it was a tradition for you and Jaehyun's family to go round and spend a day at each other's houses.

You had just finished dinner a while ago. You and Jaehyun insisted on cleaning up after, but both your parents refused to let you guys do the washing today and wanted you to enjoy the rest of the evening doing whatever you wanted.

You were scrolling on your phone while Jaehyun went to the bathroom. You could hear laughter and chatter coming from the kitchen, which made the corner of your lips perk up. Jaehyun comes back and sits down next to you.

"Here, I wanted to personally give you this." Jaehyun says as he hands you a small silver box with a red bow on top. "Merry Christmas Y/N"

You put your phone to the side and look at Jaehyun suspiciously as you take the small box from his hands. "Open it."

You open it and gasp; eyes widen at what you see in front of you. In the box lies a gold plated necklace with your zodiac constellation made of delicate gemstones upon a velvet cushion. The same one you first laid your eyes upon a few months ago at a jewellery store when you and Jaehyun went out shopping. And then again, a few weeks back when you walked past the store again.

"I saw you looking at it last time we were in the store together, so I got it for you."

"Jae... Oh my god, you actually remembered? You didn't have to... Also this was kinda expensive, no?"

"I wanted to get this for you because it seemed like you couldn't take your eyes off it, and my parents chipped in as well." Jaehyun laughs.

"Your parents? I'm surprised."

"Oh, it's no surprise. You're practically like a daughter to them. They love you as much as I do," Jaehyun says with a smile on his face. Your heart started pounding when he said that.

"Thank you" you don't know where you found the courage from, but you placed a quick kiss on Jaehyun's cheek and hugged him. His ears immediately blush at your action. Fortunately for him, you don't see that.

"Jeong Jaehyun, you always know how to make me happy."