19. Iwaoi

Main pairing: None

Other pairing(s): Iwaoi (Oikawa x Iwaizumi)

Warnings: None

Time: Their 1st year

Notes: None

.

*In Iwaizumi and Oikawa's sister's private messages*

Iwaizumi: hello Oikawa-san

Oikawa's older sister: Hi Hajime :D

Oikawa's older sister: and we've been over this a thousand times, you can just call me Sao (her name doesn't appear in the series so we're just gonna call her Saori now k?)

Iwaizumi: yeah, sorry saori-san

Saori: Everything alright?

Iwaizumi: idk

Iwaizumi: can i vent?

Saori: ofc :)

Iwaizumi: there's this person... 

Saori: it's ok, take ur time :)

Iwaizumi: ive always seen him as an annoying sibling, y'know?

Iwaizumi: we usually playfight a lot, and last week, in new year's eve, we were just hanging out and he wanted to do a staring contest, so we did one.

Iwaizumi: that's when i realised that...

Iwaizumi: that i was in love with him

Iwaizumi: he is brighter than the sun. his excitement always puts a smile to my face.

Iwaizumi: he's like a party popper, so wild, colorful and loud, in the best way possible. his eyes are a mix of honey, chocolate and the sun. his eyes reflect his personality perfectly. his looks so soft yet always equally determined. 

Iwaizumi: so wise yet so immature. spending time with him always is a pleasure, even though i never want to admit it. his use of physical touch so... overwhelmingly freeing. his banter is always fun, his taste in music fascinatingly vast.

Iwaizumi: he is the exact definition of ethereal.

Iwaizumi: but there are some days that he isn't as bright, and those are the days i have to remind myself that he's human too. the way he sometimes looks dejected, sad or worried makes my heart ache. i want to hug him, tell him it'll all be ok, that i'll be there as long as he needs me to, that i'm not going anywhere

Iwaizumi: ...that i love him. 

Iwaizumi: but i dont want to lose our friendship, i dont want to lose him. i dont know what to do. it hurts so much. why does it hurt to love?

Iwaizumi: in movies, they always say that love is the most beautiful thing ever, that it makes you feel like you're in heaven. but it's not. it hurts like hell. it slowly rips your heart out. it fucks up your life.

Iwaizumi: it sometimes hurts so much that you want to go to a corner and sob. you want to be able to tell them everything, for them to be your soulmate.

Iwaizumi: im sorry

Saori: i really think that you should talk to him, hajime. 

Iwaizumi: but what if i ruin our relationship?

Saori: tooru's not the type of guy to just leave you over sth like this, and im pretty sure he likes you too

Iwaizumi: how

Saori: ive known the two of you for all of your lives

Iwaizumi: ...

Saori: go talk to him

Iwaizumi: ok. ty for this.

Saori: anytime.

.

oh hi lol. fun fact of the day: this is me venting about my crush