LIFE AS A ROOKIE: Part 2- Kakashi Sensei

(WARNING: This chapter is inspired by and contains some words from Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto: Episode 4 & 5)

Our jonin leader or whatever is the only one that's late. We're literally the last in this class. Naruto and Sakura keep yelling. I'm just going to sit on the desk. Why did he put the chalkboard eraser there? Oh, looks like Naruto is up to one of his pranks again.

"That's what he gets for coming late. Surprise!" Naruto giggled.

"You're asking for trouble. You know you shouldn't do that, Naruto," said Sakura.

"Hmph. Our teacher's a jonin, an elite ninja. You think he'd fall for that?" Sasuke informed, asking a rhetorical question.

"Yeah, Sasuke's right. You're so clueless Naruto." Yeah, yeah, we get it Sakura. Sasuke's cool. He might have a point though.

"Although, it would be quite amusing if he did fall for it," I said. The jonin leader is about to enter. Oh my god, he actually did it! Eh, whatever, keep the laughter in. Let's see. He's got a mask on like me (quite embarrassing if you ask me), his headband is covering his left eye and he has silvery white hair. Huh...funny. It feels like deja vu.

"Hmm...how can I put this...my first impression of this group. You're a bunch of idiots." I can tell the room was suddenly filled with one though; Are you kidding me?

Alright, now we're outside. So, what's next?

"Alright. Why don't you introduce yourselves one at a time," he started.

"Introduce ourselves? Well what are we supposed to say?" Sakura asked.

"Things you like, things you hate, dreams for the future, hobbies. Things like that."

"Why don't you tell us stuff first before we tell us about you, so we can see how it's supposed to work," insisted Naruto.

"Me? I'm Kakashi Hatake. Things I like and things I hate. Uhhh, I don't feel like telling you that."

"Huh?!" Sakura and Naruto were so confused. This guy literally makes his own rules and doesn't even give them an example. Weird.

"My dreams for the future. Never really thought about it." Aren't you a jonin? "As for my hobbies, I have lots of hobbies."

"That was totally useless. All he really told us was his name," Sakura said irritatedly. Naruto nodded in agreement.

"Okay, your turn. You on the right, you first." Kakashi said, his eye on Naruto.

"Believe it! I'm Naruto Uzumaki," oh here he goes, "I love instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka Sensei got me at the Ichiraku Noodle Shop. But, I hate the three minutes you have to wait after you pour the water in the ramen cup. My hobbies—" And he goes on and on about his ramen. I bet he's made up of ramen. "And my future dream is to be the greatest hokage!" Well that's an interesting dream, looking at your current state. Then the whole village will stop disrespecting me, and start treating me like I'm somebody. Somebody important!"

"Alright next," eyeing Sakura.

"I'm Sakura Haruno! What I like uh, I mean the person I like is—" she eyed Sasuke and giggled. God we get it, we get it. You're obsessed with 'cool' kid. God she's squealing.

"And, what do you hate?"

"Naruto!" Sakura stated. Really? Just people? Not even food or a pet peeve?

"Okay, next you there, with the mask." With no doubt he was looking at me. God is so embarrassing making these foolish introductions.

"The name's Kashwini. What I like, uh, dango. What I hate, none of your concern. I guess a dream of the future is to protect the village and those in need. Hobbies, making jutsu. That's it." As I finished, I felt everyone's eyes at me. I looked at Sakura and Naruto, they just turned away. I guess they were intimidated. I looked at the jonin, and he was eyeing me for quite a while. I furrowed my eyebrow.

"Oh, right. Last one."

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and destroy a certain someone." I figured as much. That certain someone is Itachi, isn't it?

"Good. You're each unique and have your own ideas. We have our first mission tomorrow."

"What kind of mission are we going to have?" Naruto asked. Well, looks like he's in a good mood.

"It's a task that the five of us will do together."

"What, what, what, what?!" No doubt, the kid was eager.

"A survival exercise." What?

"Huh? A survival exercise?"

"I thought we were supposed to have our real mission, not more practice. We already did this stuff at the academy. That's how we got here, "Sakura said.

"This is not like your previous training," he noted.

"So uh...so uh, what kind of training is it then?" asked Naruto. The jonin leader is giggling. He sounds kind of like a psycho. He gives me the creeps.

"Hey, hold on, that's a normal question. What's so funny?" Sakura asked. She's right. Why was he laughing?

"Well, if I tell you the answer, you're not going to like it." What's he talking about. I'm so confused.

"The twenty seven graduates who just came here, only ten will actually be able to be accepted as genin. The other eighteen will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it, pass-fail test. And the chance that you'll fail is at least 66%." Huh?!?!?!?! I think I'm about to pee my pants. Did he just say 66%. To me that sounds like 50%. "See, didn't I tell you wouldn't like it." Just great. If you don't pass Kashwini, all your dreams go down the drain. Just like that. "....That's how it is. I decide whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated training spot at 5 am, and bring your ninja gear." Yup, I'm going to pee pants at this rate. "That's it. You're dismissed. Oh, tomorrow you'll skip breakfast or...you'll puke." I mean I don't always eat breakfast, but that clearly sounds like something even bigger is coming that I have to focus on passing this test even more.

The next day, we all met up at 5 am, as said. God, he's so late, I think I'm about to fall asleep if he keeps it up.

"Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?" I give him a death stare. Like come on are you actually serious.

"Hey! You're late!" shouted Naruto and Sakura.

"Well a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." Seriously, like any of us would fall for that. Even the idiot wouldn't be as stupid as to believe him. Yup, he's groaning. "Well," he cleared his throat, "let's get started." Huh? A clock? For what? "Here we go. It's set for noon." What do you mean noon? "Your assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it. If you can't get them by noon, you go without lunch. You'll be tied to those posts, and you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you." So, he tricked us into not eating breakfast just so we can suffer during lunch. I'm such a fool for not noticing.

"Wait a minute, there's four of us. How come there's only two bells?" Sakura asked. Oh yeah, why are there only two bells?

"That way, at least one of you will end up tied to a post, and ultimately disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the academy." C'mon now, I don't want to end up tied to a post. More importantly, I don't want to go back to the academy. I can't fail. "You can use any weapons, including shuriken. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells."

"But those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!" Sakura panicked.

"Hahaha! Especially since you couldn't even dodge that eraser." Naruto laughed.

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them. Lowest scores, losers." So, he knew about our status, damn him. "Now when I say start, you can begin." Before even said start Naruto went running at sensei with a kunai. What?! Sensei evaded his attack so quickly—he's pointing it right at his neck, an inch away. Indeed he is no joke. "Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet. But, you came with me with the full intention of destroying me, so...how can I say this. I'm actually starting to like you guys." Huh. That sounded nice. "Get ready. And.....start!"