LIFE AS A ROOKIE: Part 3- Pass or Fail?

(WARNING: This chapter is inspired by and contains some words from Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto: Episode 5)

We all parted our ways. I'm going to observe a bit of his skill first and strategize. Ninja must know how to conceal their movements and hide effectively." Well that's what we're all doing. No need to tell us twice—

"You and me, right now! Fair and square! Let's go!" That's Naruto alright. God what an idiot. He's a jonin, can't you see that? I think Kakashi Sensei was commenting about him being a bit weird, but I didn't really hear much. Instead I was waiting to analyze his skills. "Shinobi battle techniques, Part one, taijutsu, the physical part." If he's going to show the kid some taijutsu, then what's with him getting a weapon–a book? He's dodging his punches and kicks so easily. Woah, that was so fast— what's he going to do to him?! "Don't let your enemy get behind you all the time." That's the tiger hand sign. What jutsu is he planning on using? Welp, the kid's done for. Sakura was warning Naruto to get out of there as soon as possible. "Too late! Leaf village, secret finger jutsu!" Did he just...stick his fingers up his butt. What the heck— "A thousand years of death!" There goes Naruto. What an idiot for a sensei. Shuriken. Wait what...he handled it with literally just two fingers. So, shuriken won't work huh....

"You look pretty wobbly for someone who's going to surpass the hokage," Kakashi Sensei said, as Naruto came out of the water.

"You told us not to eat breakfast! How can I fight when I'm starving to death!" Now that I think of it I'm so hungry, I'm about to die of starvation. So much for trying to become a genin. Shadow clones? A surprise attack I see. Kids got motivation. Welp, it's not going to work on sensei—Naruto got him from behind?! Did Naruto Uzumaki just start using his brain, or is it just me? Did he just punch himself? They're all fighting amongst themselves again, huh? Guess he's still an idiot. So, the jonin was using replacement jutsu, I see. Wait, he's not going to get the bell— Okay, now time to strategize. I'll use my new jutsu, no maybe I should...no I have to try it. Or else it will never get perfected. Nevermind, Sasuke is throwing a random attack. Jonin wasn't even hit by it, I figured. Substitution. My turn for him to drop his guard. That scream...must be Sakura's. Tch. Oh, Sasuke's here too.

"Shinobi battle skill number two, the illusion jutsu—" Kakashi Sensei said. Genjutsu.

"I'm not like Sakura and Naruto," said Sasuke.

"Say that after you get one of these bells, 'my Sasuke'." Looks like sensei caught on to Sakura's obsession. Kind of funny the way he imitated Sakura, not going to lie. Anyways, stay focused for your chance. Sasuke's so fast–he's reaching for the bells! Nope, nevermind. He missed. Fireball jutsu? So, he's mastered it. He's pulled right underground, replacing Kakashi's place. Okay now's my chance.

Kakashi's POV:

"Serpent, ram," she started weaving hand signs.

"So, you've finally come out, huh? Hand signs? What jutsu is this?"

"Wind Style: Gale Palm!" she's facing her palms at me. Wait wind— Clone jutsu.

"So, you can use wind style? It seems like a name I've never heard of before. So, you weren't lying when you said your hobby is making jutsu. Interesting." She noticed that I'm behind this tree. You truly are my—

"Thanks for the compliment." She appears behind me and is attempting some kicks and punches, I see. Very fast on her toes, too. No way...

"You applied that same technique to increase your speed along with a combination of basic genjutsu."

"Well you said yourself, shinobi battle skill number two, the illusion jutsu. So, why not put my teacher's words to the test." Teacher, huh? If only she knew... Play along, don't let it get to you. Shuriken Clone Jutsu? That was quite an aim, looking at the position she was in. The way she bent the direction of the shuriken. "You let your guard down." She's about to get the bell. I better dodge. That was a close one. Those two are indeed different from Naruto and Sakura.