Chapter 7

"So... when are we going to meet the guy?" Kevin asked, looking at Mitch.

"Kevin interested in meeting a boyfriend of mine?" Mitch arched his brows without looking up from his cell phone. "Have we entered a parallel universe?"

Kevin laughed and leaned back in his chair. Matt had his headphones on, rhythmically tapping two pens in the air, while Scott and Kirstin sat on a couch, looking at something on Kirstin's cell phone.

"I'm serious, when are we going to meet him?" Kevin asked again.

"Do you want an autograph?" Mitch teased, finally looking at Kevin.

Kevin spread his arms with a grin, "He was the best pitcher last season."

"So, you're asking for an autograph?" Mitch raised his eyebrows.

Scott chuckled and nudged Mitch with his foot. Mitch glanced at him, then back at Kevin, raising an eyebrow in response.

"I'll ask if he can come pick me up, so you can play the fanboy," Mitch grumbled, hearing Kevin gasp. He looked at him with a smirk. "Relax, Kevin. Otherwise, I might start thinking you're planning to steal my boyfriend."

Scott burst out laughing, and Kirstin rolled her eyes. Kevin narrowed his eyes at Mitch.

"At least with me, he'll be able to talk about baseball," Kevin retorted without missing a beat.

"Oh!" Scott clapped his hands and laughed even louder.

"I already told you not to tease Kevin," Kirstin said, chuckling as Mitch flashed a sly smile.

"Is Kaia not letting you sleep? Is that why you're so grumpy?" Mitch teased Kevin.

"She's finally sleeping through the night, but she's waking up super early," Kevin sighed, shaking his head.

Mitch opened his messages and zoned out from the conversation Kevin and Kirstin had started.

M: Can you pick me up at the studio?

A few moments later, his phone vibrated with a reply.

A: What time?

M: In two hours, we're taking a break, and then we're going to work on the arrangement. Kevin and Matt want to meet you.

A: Should I be afraid of them?

M: You have to be afraid of me, not my friends.

A: I can handle you.

Mitch raised his eyebrows and smiled. Scott noticed and shook his head with a smirk.

M: Careful, player. You might be trying to get into a game where you don't know the rules.

A: I create the rules of the game.

Scott's eyebrows arched as Mitch rolled his eyes at him, dismissing his silent teasing.

M: Can you come to get me? Yes or No?

A: Yes, honey, I'll pick you up from the studio. In fact, I'm taking you out to dinner tonight. What do you think?

M: Are you trying to spoil me?

A: I'm not experienced with dating, but I think it's common for a couple to go out to dinner. Am I wrong?

M: You're right, but I'll let you pamper me a little. Don't be late, player.

Mitch put down his cell phone and looked at Kevin.

"He's coming to get me. Do you need a notebook for the autograph?" he teased Kevin.

"I was hoping he'd autograph my chest," Kevin responded with a smile.