1

Ceci's pov;

Ceci's pov;

"Fuck Rue."I said as I inhaled deeply.

"I told you Ceci this some other shit."Rue replied.

Trust me, if you had my life you'd want an escape too.  Mine just happened to be drugs.

We laid on Rue's bedroom floor staring at her ceiling. Rue was my only friend here, ever since my parents divorced and my dad moved us here.

My dad got full custody since my mom was abusive and an addict. My dad was no different but at least he tried to get sober and didn't hit me every time I annoyed him.

After an hour passed we got up from the floor and Rue put on some music. She started swaying to the music and so did I.

"Aw shit Ceci we ran out of drugs."Rue announced.

I frowned and she smiled.

"Not to worry, I have a solution."

I furrowed my eyebrows but followed her anyways. We walked for 5 minutes and soon a little shop appeared. We walked towards it and it seemed empty.

Rue walked to a door and walked right in. My high ass could not comprehend that she just walked into a door that had displays of soda.

But I still followed and I was met with a boy no older than 12 sitting down behind a table. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What the fuck you want?"the little boy cussed.

"I need some OCs or anything you got."Rue said.

He pulled some baggies out and I just watched the deal go down.

"That'll be $140."he said.

"Fez said he'd spot me."Rue said hurrying out.

"Fez don't spot no one."the boy yelled.

We left and Rue chuckled. Rue and I walked back to her house and I got a text from my dad saying he was gonna be out of town for the week.

I sighed but I was used to it.

"Hey ima head out."I said.

"Alright, hey wanna take another hit?"she asked.

My eyes widened because we had just finished taking 3 hits.

"Rue you gotta chill that's wayyy too much."I said getting worried.

She rolled her eyes clearly not caring and I said bye to her. I walked out and headed home.

This might be weird but I knew nothing about Rue, why she did drugs, why she hated everyone, nothing. All I knew was that she was an addict who would do anything to feel a sense of escape from her mind.

When I got home I took a nap.

What I didn't know was that Gia, Rue's younger sister was going to find Rue in her room on the verge of death.

I groaned as my phone rang. I looked at my phone and it was an unknown number. I answered the phone and before I could even fully wake up I heard Gia sobbing on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Hey...is this um....is this Ceci?"Gia asked.

"Gia?"

"I just wanted to let you know...that Rue...Rue OD'ed. And she's in the hospital right now."

Tears filled my eyes and my heart broke. Not Rue, if I had just stayed there she wouldn't have taken another hit. It's all my fault.

2 months later.

"Hey Ceci."I heard someone say.

I groaned and opened my eyes. To my surprise it was Rue Bennett with a huge grin spread across her face.

My eyes widened and jumped out of bed giving her the biggest hug ever. I felt a sense of relief finally seeing her.

"I missed you."she said.

I sniffled and I heard her chuckle.

"Why you crying? You didn't get all soft on me now did you?"

I shook my head.

"I just missed you Rue. You fucking scared me."I said.

"Well look at me. Better than ever."she smiled.

We spent the whole morning talking about her. I wanted to make sure she was okay and I just wanted to hear it to feel a little less guilty.

"You know anything about the new girl?"she asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head.

"Not really. All I know is that her name is Jules and she's kinda friends with Kat since they did some summer school together."

Rue nodded.

"Does Rue Bennett have a crush on someone?"I smirked.

She blushed and scoffed.

"We going to McKay's party tonight?"she asked changing the subject.

I nodded.

"Maddy's picking me up."

Rue furrowed her eyebrows, probably wondering when I became friends with Maddy.

"After you left for rehab I started going out more. One night I was so drunk that I wasn't able to walk home. Maddy noticed and quickly became my guardian angel, she drove me back to her place and took care of me."

"After that whole thing we talked and instantly clicked, I dunno it was weird."I explained.

Rue just shrugged her shoulders.

"So you don't do drugs anymore?"Rue asked.

I simply shook my head. After hearing what happened to Rue the thought of taking any drugs scared the living shit out of me.

"Damn, well, I gotta go get some."

"Isn't the point of going to rehab is to stay sober?"I asked.

"Psh, it won't hurt anyone if they don't know."she smiled.

All I could think was,

'This bitch done lost her mind.'