4

"You have to be kidding right?"I scoffed.

Seeing my mother passed out on the couch with a needle still stuck in her arm made me snap.

I hated the people who thought drugs were cool and an aesthetic, because I knew that those people have never witnessed the downfall it takes effect on a person who was once a wonderful human being.

My mom used to be a kind and gentle woman. She was the mom every kid wanted, she always volunteered to go to my field trips, she always made sure I was safe and fed. Hell she was even on the PTA at my elementary school.

But something changed, something in her switched. To this day I have no idea what happened, it seemed like one day she was my loving mother and the next day she wanted nothing to do with me.

I had always wondered if it was my fault, that I didn't appreciate her enough or didn't love her enough. But that couldn't be true because I loved her so much, hell I loved her more than my dad.

She stopped caring, I thought that would change but I knew it wouldn't when one day she dropped me off at some corner when the sun barely came up and didn't pick me up until the sun set.

What was the cherry on top was when she finally laid her hands on me. And it wasn't just a slap, she had punched me in my stomach and kicked my body as I lay on the floor sobbing, begging her to stop.

But she didn't, she had pure rage in her. Something I had never seen before, that wasn't the only time she had basically knocked me out. She did it time and time again, finally my dad saw her and picked me up and we left.

He just put me in the car with some bags full of stuff and we took off. Those days were kind of a blur since I didn't wanna believe that we had just left my whole life behind.

I didn't want to believe that my own mother hated me, beat me. Soon my dad got sober and we moved into a small house. I would always let my dad know that I appreciated everything he did for me.

He may have not always been my favorite but in that moment in time I knew that he would forever be my favorite. He basically saved me and for that I'll forever be grateful.

"So this guy-."

"Tyler."Jules corrected me.

"Right Tyler, you guys wanna meet?"I asked.

She nodded her head excitedly.

Rue and I gave each other a worried look and Jules noticed.

"No guys it'll be okay I swear. It's not like it'll be the first time I met a random guy off the app."she said.

My eyes widened, "I don't know Jules. He seems sketchy."

She rolled her eyes and went back onto her phone. Rue sighed and my phone went off. I furrowed my eyebrows and saw that Fez had texted me. I tried my hardest not to smile but I couldn't help it.

fez 😫🫶🏼
hey baby how's school so far?

ceci 😮‍💨🤍
boring :( i wish you were here

fez 😫🫶🏼
i miss you. when you free??

ceci 😮‍💨🤍
we'll we can go to the fair together! word around school is you got a booth but i can just hang around there with you and ash 😊

fez 😫🫶🏼
idk baby mfs be weird and it ain't always safe...

ceci 😮‍💨🤍
idk if you know who you talking to, but trust me i can handle it amor 🤭