one

The chosen day was anticipated for so long, what felt almost as endless years and not only for the man who'd paid his adulthood in search of his success with the project he pursued, but also those who had stood by his word to watch it lay out like he promised. It was something new, something not explored before. An ambitious journey that raised hopes, paved the way for possibilities, and created discourse from tribe to tribe, across nations. A new civilization birthed by his perseverance will finally be formally presented, and what better day to do it than the day his people celebrate his birth?

Rulers before Alphazar would have never dared to do what he'd done, but then again they were not him. They were not the curious, brave heart, or the challenger he was. And more than that, they were not as courageous to reach out to the open blackness to cross over into other worlds unknown to them. But the years of his hard work had shown what he had done was right for there was light at the end of the tunnel now as he knew there would be from the spirit of his father who'd encouraged him, although he'd long passed and taken his place. He could see the road now was less complicated than when he began alone, and he made obstacles vanish one by one to build what he was directed to and what was envisioned by the last people of Earth.

From where he stood, he had found that the day was met with hundreds beneath the sun of Essleon's system. Feasts were held from town to town, city to city, and continent to continent. Music of ancient folk blared in bars and diners as people passed the wait away, people coming and going, remaining welcoming to one another with open minds, hearts, and arms— to each other and to those newly accepted citizens in their new home.

He had watched from high above, easing his mind and reassuring himself that it was all meant to happen. Alphazar had seen the change in his people since the start of this mission. There was hope of change. There was excitement. The voyagers gave new life to the planet in ways he hadn't seen before, not him and not those before him.

It must have been written in prophecies from ages ago. Essleon was not only a planet of life, but it was a home to many kinds that roamed its grounds, lived in the seas, filled the skies. They'd lived centuries amongst their own, amongst creatures and of people they'd known until now. It was the voyagers' presence that was missing. Their humanity combined with the culture of this planet would create a great combination for future years and generations. It was quite fitting, he reflected, as it had much similarity with Earth and the new civilians would feel familiarity, too. Essleon was their refuge planet, and the major difference between this new world of theirs and their old and destroyed planet were the people who filled the fields on this day to welcome them. The men, women, and children, commonly, but also keeping among them were creatures of kinds unseen and unknown to other lifeforms from out of the system. It contained uniqueness and with the new addition to their species, Essleon was ensured to continue as a thriving planet.

It is, in fact, much of a rare occurrence that humanoids and other creatures should ever have reason to be against one another. The design by the higher power must have taken this into consideration at the start of creation. Essleon was a home of blended life form, those who traveled across it knew their boundaries between their kin and the next, what is allowed and forbidden. It was like a large family that lived in various areas and different cultures, and so it certainly had space for one more kind. That was the point of view of naturally born citizens of that galaxy at least.

Whereas, in another place, isolated from company and distractions, lay a man— pondering and thoughtful with his mind slipping away into a familiar state of his own unknown. He'd visited that place only too many times, he'd memorized even the feeling, the scents, and the weather. And mostly, he clung to the most important detail of all.

It wasn't a place he had visited physically, but mentally he was there even when he did not prepare to be. He couldn't ever recall when these visions happened, for all he knew, he'd had them his whole life. And the memories he remembered from the start of his 32 year old life could only go back as far as five years.