four

Something unusual was brewing that afternoon. It was sensed those threatening vessels in the sky were more than for the sake of celebrations; it was never planned. Those crafts which appeared as fighter jets were not built by the Empire, nor was it the model used on Theradan. The Emperor knew first, it was an invasion. The question remained ultimate to those taken by surprise and unwarned– an invasion by who? For what reason?

The Captain, a man bearded with thick black hair that covered half his face neatly considering the amount, had moved promptly to reach the space station for all the information they'd yet to receive. Only issue was, there was no service to reach.

They'd watched the jets open and release gas of a peach color, falling low and touching the heads of the people present who were there to watch the day. Some hid their faces, turning from the gas, and others reached out to touch it, oblivious enough to be enchanted by the beauty of the sparkles infused in the vapor. It was only a brief ten seconds with the release, but those ten seconds were enough to witness people falling against the ground unconscious. It could have been a harmless temporary weapon, however it did the job that was needed to distract and delay anyone from interfering. Citizens, beings, animals, officers, and troops. The Emperor's guards had been victims too and their protection revealed to be absolutely useless. Safe areas were found to be the stage at the monument and fortunately, the cliff those two digital humans now stood on, watching the scene below them.

Agnetha pressed against her wrist to reach communication with Captain R, with much less luck; no messages were to get through. Frida had tried for the same. She could see the Emperor and his right hand in the distance, but as close as they were it hadn't mattered. They'd never be able to catch their attention.

"Communication towers must have been taken out," Frida explained. "I can't get through to them."

"I'll try on my end." She glanced to the ground, seeing bodies lying like piles. It was a scene that upset her but she and the rest of her people were built with the ability to think past it. "Their soldiers are down, they'll need us."

The monument those wary officials had stood on had been evacuated for a more secured area, hidden from the menacing jets which were still covering the region.

"Our army is not able to respond to the crisis; they are unconscious, Your Majesty," Captain R had made aware. "Empyrea's operations team have already noted the issue and are preparing to descend for back up."

"There is no time. What of the digital humans?" Orion suggested. "They are already here, are they not? Why not rely on them now?"

"Seems that is the resort. Have we communicated with Commander Björn?" Alphazar had asked, observing his brother Orion and Captain R, both without words to add just yet.

"We have tried. The locator devices are not operable at the moment and we cannot see what has entered or left the planet. They have a massive block on all ends and we are trying to bypass the interference–"

"Try again."

"Yes, Your Majesty." He sent a message through again, speaking towards his wrist. He then turned in another thought. "Do not forget you have Agnetha and Frida. They are trained with excellence and the four of them are highly programed... They know the ins and outs between Theradan and Essleon and they will not fail. As four–" The thought had provoked fear in the Emperor. It was too soon.

"First Björn and Benny. The four are my greatest asset. I will not jeopardize them together."

"You will experience far greater damage and jeopardize Essleon's safety instead. Is it your wish, Your Majesty? You must trust your greatest assets, now or never," he urged. There was no response. "Benny, Björn, do you copy?"