three

Five Days Prior

The townspeople were spread out like they would be on an average Essleonian day, a golden sun warming and growing plant-life that engulfed buildings erected to supply the city. People crowded streets in the midst of their day to day life, purchasing goods to consume, getting from one place to another, or simply seeing the day for what it was to offer them from the society. Essleon had many different, varying areas, that is to be noted. As any place, in any world, it has its bright areas— well kept, clean, and high class society model of individuals. Other areas were known to be more standard, with average living people getting by. Those areas had more of a blended society, contrary to being in the upper end, or the lower.

Just there, third corner past an obscure monument of the city in which only locals of the town could note, stood a woman cloaked, standing beside a street post observing the scene in front of her– a young woman on a floating vehicle waiting for her right of way and what could be her trainor just beside her. Though it was an engaging scene to watch, her ears were turned to listen to the people beside her converse in a natural Ausin dialect, still an Essleonean language, though varied from what she was raised speaking. She had emitted a huff within her chest and turned to them at last. It just was not in her to hear wrong stories being told, if anyone was to pass any news along, whatever the scandal, at least let it be right.

"With the Estorians having contracted a new disease, by tomorrow it could be here," she'd overheard them say in addition to their conversation.

"Not long, certainly. Even if the Estorians contracted it, you'll catch it from Dallasopeans before you could think an Estorian could step beside you," Adruna corrected.

"Dallasopeans?"

"Oh. Does it shock you that it's even closer than you presumed?" Adruna laughed. "I've heard some say, it's already here." The cross-light signaled and movement had begun from both sides of the street, people passing along each other and blending before separating again. She'd unusually felt a shove and what emerged as an insincere apology. The black haired woman walked across the street to the other side, but could not ignore the sharp pain in her shoulder. Her muscles suddenly relaxed and after that her mind. She was grasped in the arms of a man in a silver and navy fitted bodysuit, then after that, she had disappeared from the city.

When she awoke she found one shackle on her arm and the other hand free. It was strange and her mistake was to hold the very thin chain which appeared weak, but a zap had struck her hand. She cursed aloud as she shrieked. The woman looked around the place that held her, and she hollered to get the attention of who'd taken her. This was the last she'd have expected that day. What business did they want with her? What bad deed had she done?

"Glorious day," a voice echoed in what was found to be an enormous glass structure. Suddenly the shields that covered the glass were brought down and bright sunlight penetrated through the place. She laid eyes on the first figure she'd seen, the man with a voice that sounded vaguely familiar. It was authoritative even as a greeting, and when she saw who it was she was shocked to see herself being greeted at all.

"Are you called Viamus?" she wondered, but could see there was no mistake made. There was a scar which identified him splitting down the middle of his right eyebrow. Though technology existed for an easy removal, he had never bothered. He had a history of his own, and that scar which everyone recognized him by was one he looked at each day for a reminder that the man who he was now was no longer a weak man. "Why do you have me here?"

"You know information that could be of use to me." She kicked her brows upwards briefly. Was she surprised to hear it?

"You will not receive a word from me unless you release me." She shook her shackle. A simple glance Viamus sent to a man in the shadows had her arms released. "I don't know what use I am," she corrected.