𝟎𝟐𝟐

┌─────── ⋆⋅ ☾ ⋅⋆ ───────┐
ONLY YOU
TWENTY-TWO
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅ ☾ ⋅⋆ ───────┘

LOUIS' BIRTHDAY: PART TWO

IN REAL LIFE

Stella anxiously stood in front of the door of the address that Hope had sent her. She raised her fist to knock, lightly tapping the door a few times. After a few moments the door swung open. Mrs. Partridge greeted the nervous girl at the door.

"Oh Stella!" She happily shouted at the sight of the girl. "It's so nice to finally meet you!" She pulled her into a hug.

Stella's eyes widened in shock. "Nice to meet you too Mrs. Partridge." Stella replied, pulling away after a moment.

          "Hi Stella!" A bubbly voice came from inside. Mrs. Partridge stepped aside, allowing Hope to come into view.

          The girls shared a small wave. Hope was even prettier in person, Stella thought to herself. The three ladies briefly talked about Stella's trip to the UK before huddling into the house.

          Stella stepped inside first, admiring the foyer. It reminded her much of her own home. Pictures lined the walls of toothless smiles, old family portraits, and dozens of school photos. A picture of young Louis, grinning ear to ear while hugging his big sister, warmed her heart.

Her thoughts drifted to the night Louis took her to prom. The way he looked up at her as she walked down the stairs. His smile lighting up her entire world that she didn't even realize was dim.

          Plenty of guys had looked at her before. But it was the first time a guy ever saw her.

          "Stella?"

          "Yes?" Stella mumbled in response. She spun around to where Hope and Mrs. Partridge were standing behind her.

          "Oh, I asked if you like baking cakes?" The older woman spoke again.

          Stella wiped her palms down her dress. "I love baking!"

Louis was thankful that he was finally able escape his sisters. He thought that by inviting Will, things wouldn't be as bad. But as it turned out his best friend was just as annoying.

"So did you have fun?" Issie elbow bumped Louis from beside him in the driver's seat.

"No, I swear the more times I said I was ready to go home, the longer we stayed." He replied irritably. Will and Millie snickered from the back seat.

"And you two— don't even get me started on you." He opened the front passenger seat door to get out of the car. Everyone else followed along, grabbing their bags.

"Oh come on, we had to make your eighteenth extra special!" Millie skipped alongside her brother.

"Accidentally ordering the wrong thing at the restaurant THREE times is special?" Louis couldn't help but smile after saying it out loud.