Emperor

Sage

I was stuck in Kaer Morhen, confused. Some things were a blur but Yennefer tried her best to explain to me what had happened. What really struck me was the part where I tried to join the Wraiths of Morhogg after Voleth Meir. She, however, was long gone, hopefully. Cirilla was able to pull us out in time before things got too far and Voleth Meir made her promise to give Yennefer her powers.

After coming back, I was supposedly unconscious or something, but I was blank, and they tried everything in the books to wake me up. Yennefer even said that Cirilla tried to shatter my mind the same way she does with a monolith, but nothing worked, not even Jaskier singing to me or Geralt attempting to sweet-talk me awake.

"So why do you think you're waking up now?" Yennefer asked me. I could feel Geralt and Jaskier standing on the other side of the door with Cirilla, waiting for my doctor-mage to clear me.

"M-my son," I fixed to say.

"Of course," she nodded. "I could've just brought him here."

"No. That wouldn't have done it," I shook my head. "He's in danger."

Yennefer cleared her throat and called for the people waiting to come in. Jaskier barged in, rushing to me as a caring friend. As he checked if I was okay, I held his jaw and turned his head, seeing the dried blood that had trickled from his ear.

"If you were a little louder, I would've gone deaf," he commented with a light chuckle.

"I'm sorry about that."

"We're just glad you're okay," Ciri said. "We're all okay."

"Or so we think," I said. "I think the Emperor is near and he wants to kill my son."

"I love you, Sage, but I refuse to go save his ass," Jaskier told me, standing up.

I glanced at Geralt who crossed his arms and tilted his head towards Ciri, telling me that he'd do anything to keep her as far away from Emhyr as possible.

"I agree with Jaskier," Ciri said as if she had a say in the matter. "I don't think we should go. Cahir tried to kidnap me and you've said, twice, that Emhyr wants me. I have no idea what anyone wants me. I just know it won't be good."

I tilted my head and furrowed my eyebrows, looking wondrously at her. "I think you should meet him."

"Emhyr?" Yennefer spoke and I nodded. "He ordered to kill Francesca's baby, as you said at Melitele's, and I think he sent the fire mage. Why are you trying to deliver her to evil?"

"Why would you say that?" Ciri inquired.

"I really think you should meet him," I restated.

"Sage," Geralt dragged out. "She's not going."

"As if she would die," I murmured.

"Well, how would you know that?" Ciri questioned. "We don't have a bond or whatever you-"

"Then bring me your grandmother's cloth," I said.

"H-How do you know about that?"

"Just bring it to me," I stated. "It's time I've grown a tether to you."

Cirilla left the room and Yennefer said something about helping Vesemir with an elixir and Jaskier went to help.

"Are you sure about this?" Geralt asked me.

"I wasn't too sure about you either," I stated and he smirked. "Your issue was all too soon but Ciri, there's a foundation."

"Do you care for her?"