𝑪𝒉.11

~*~*~*~𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂

~*~*~*~
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒕𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂

𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒌𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒔 𝒂𝒔 she walked. The coldness of the mountain left her and she could walk normally again. Legolas would appear here and there to make sure she was alright to which makes her blush. She noted that Legolas was the one that carried her through the mountain after she had passed out due to the coldness and was the one who warmed up her body as soon they were off the mountain. She glanced at him. Legolas caught her stare and smiled at her. She smiled back at him and Aragorn smirked at the two.

"Legolas wouldn't let you off of his sight. As soon as we came onto land he used his power to warm you." Aragorn said to her and she smiled as she looked at Aragorn. She then looked up at Legolas who's back was to her. The more she thought about it,the more she realized how much he had cared for her. They had only known each other for a couple of days and didn't realized that she had grown close to the elvish prince. She blushed at the thought of being together with him. It probably won't happen. Annika soon frowns as she then realized that she still needed to get home. She loved a whole world away and he was just a fictional character. She was an average New Yorker who had school and he was a fictional elvish prince who probably had standards. He's way to good for me. He's a prince for gods sake and I'm a college student. I can't think of him like that.

"Frodo come help an old man." Gandalf called Frodo who came to his aid. Annika,still frowning,was unaware that the group had stopped and bumped into someone back. She lost balance and fell. She groaned at the pain in her but and winced as she tried to get up.

"My apologies Annika. I didn't see you." Legolas says as he offers her a hand. She smiled up at him and takes it.

"No worries. No limbs or bones broken." She sarcastically says and looks into his blue eyes. He sensed her sadness and gave her a look of concern to which she immediately recognized.

"Oh I'm fine. Don't worry." She said as she shrugs it off with a forced smile. Legolas knew she was lying and decided not to force her more and just nodded. Annika soon sits down and looks behind the group to see Frodo and Gandalf talking in hushed voices. She then sits down on a rock and faces the beautiful view of the overgrown and worn down forest. Smoke filled their condensing air which made it even more ominous. She felt someone stand next to her and she looked up to see Legolas. She smiled at him and slowly looked back to the view. He sits next to her and sees her fidgeting with her fingers.

"What's the matter,Annika? Are you well?" He asked and Annika felt her heath quiver at the cuteness in his concerning voice. Don't fall. Don't fall. I need to go home. Think of home. Oh the lively homework that's waiting for me. No wait homework. Oh no. Ugh English. Annika winced at the thought of the essays she would have to make up and the amount of emails she would get from her counselor for skipping many classes by this time. She clenched her jaw and closed her eyes at the amount of homework she would have to do.