Chapter 4

Hello, I have brought you all development, hehe.
Featuring a sketch of questionable quality if you want it-
(H/S)= Hairstyle, [] is optional
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    Clearly he had lied to you, because when you awoke the next morning, there Freddy stood with a bright smile.

    "Goodmorning, (Y/N)!"

    "Christ, Freddy! What did I say?" You exclaimed as your upper half was forced straight with a jolt.

    "Hmm, I don't seem to recall. But I was only trying to wake you up! We have lots of work to do," He replied with a snicker. 

    Facepalming dramatically, you sighed, "Okay, okay, sorry about that, I guess." Freddy made room for you as you climbed out of bed. "Just let me get ready first. I'll be quick."

    Your morning routine was as per usual. You washed up first, then made your hair look semi decent [in] (H/S).

    When you walked back into your bedroom from the bathroom across the hall, you managed to find Freddy smoothing the wrinkles of your comforter, which had now been neatly made atop your mattress.

    "Oh, you didn't have to do that," You confirmed to him in confusion.

    "Well, I consider us friends. And friends do things for each other. I hope you'll be able to trust me?" He asked. "It's the least I can do in repayment. "

    When did he even learn how to make beds? Does he even sleep?

    "Thank you, then," You replied before walking to his side. You were slightly shocked by his out of place thoughtfulness. Putting that aside, though, you pat his cool metal arm. "Let's start getting you fixed up."

    You made sure to give him a smile, which was genuine for the most part. It would have been counterproductive to be scared of him, you thought. Friends or not.

    He had never really shown much emotion, aside from the times he decided to scare you out of your socks, but in that moment he showed real surprise in his widened eyes directed at you. 

    You didn't exactly get what it was for, at the time. 

    He's the one who wanted to be friends in the first place, right? 

    You passed it off as nothing and led him over to your bedroom door by the same arm. "I don't keep my tools in here, they're in the shed out back."

    You had a pretty vast collection that was once your fathers. Your mom never wanted to mess with them, so you had ended up claiming them as your own years ago.

    You instructed Freddy to take a seat on one of the wooden benches attached to the right wall of the shed. He moved to the bench with a slump and plopped himself down onto the seat, eyes not giving any care to wander anywhere but the tools perched on your desk giddily, though almost expertly hidden.

    You probably wouldn't have noticed if he were like any other guest, but your eyes unintentionally found themselves fixed on him often. He was a strange circumstance. Strange, in that the human-like way he fidgeted with his inhuman hands and looked as if his literal and metaphorical gears were turning could have been cute if not directed at… pliers? You definitely did not understand why.

    "Ahem… First of all, just from what I can see, you have torn wires peaking through some of your joints and such. Those have to be important for something, so if you're willing to help me out?"

"No complaints here, sweetheart. With all this time on my hands, there's no harm in using it for some healthy self improvement," he shrugged.

    The fixing of said wires was surprisingly easy. Freddy acted as a sort of guide with the extensive knowledge he held of his own robotics, which you appreciated. You guessed that he had never really had a reason to attempt to fix his issues by himself.

    By the time you were done with his arms and legs, they had already, fortunately, started to move with more ease. A hand even found itself messing up the hair on your head. He laughed. You sighed... And then you laughed. 

    He was as unnatural as he was unnerving, but you were becoming progressively certain that it was bothering you less and less, though it was only the second day of your meeting. You really hoped that whatever this was didn't unravel itself.

    Next stop on the agenda: his torso. The only thing in that location in need of a touch-up was his voice box, which was connected to a circular speaker underneath his black bow-tie 

    You turned over to grab your screwdriver in order to take a peek at the inside easily. Apparently, though, Funtime Freddy had complete control of that area and opened up the plates on his own. 

    You found it considerate, yes, but you couldn't help but wonder about the completely empty cavity held inconspicuously within him.