Chapter 7

Thank you guys for reading this, you are all so nice omg ;_; sobbing and crying. The image is unrelated to the story but I figured I'd hand it over anyways >:] (only slightly embarrassed)

-

Freddy's heavy footsteps could be heard practically throughout your entire house. He had taken up your offer and rummaged through every little nook and cranny, not caring much for respecting privacy, it seemed, though he avoided the hallway where you and your mothers bedrooms resided.

What piqued his interest, though, above all was a door that sat innocently across the room from the hallway, which you had purposefully removed from the house tour. That room just so happened to be your mother's workshop. You tended to avoid that area of the house so as not to disturb her, but you were sure she had already heard the constant thump of Freddy's metal paws. You weren't sure why she didn't come out to check, unless she was that caught up in her work. It was her source of income, after all.

He put his one hand on the doorknob and turned it, which got your attention. "Wait, Freddy, you can't go in there. That's my mom's workshop, she doesn't know you're here yet." He looked back at you and giggled.

"Oh, I know, silly. I can hear her. Don't you think we should say hello?" He tilted his head, exposing the wires of his endoskeleton just slightly. "It's going to happen."

"Eventually. I will introduce you." You got up from your seat in the kitchen and stood next to him instead. "You're a bit of a special circumstance. I don't really want to know how she'll react right now..."

"You make a very good point, (Y/n)! Such a shame..." He pulls the door open, contrary to your wish, and steps through the door frame out of view.

What the hell-

"What the hell? (Y/n)!" Your mother was heard shouting from inside the room, understandably. You would've sighed in annoyance if you didn't feel as if you were being strangled by dread. You embarrassingly had to remind yourself that she was harmless. It was just you, your mom, and that random metal bear that you willingly brought into the house.

Dragging yourself into the workshop, you found your mother against the furthest wall away from you and Freddy stalking his way over to her before stopping about four feet away. You made your way closer. Funtime Freddy looked borderline deranged while his attention was directed at the shaking figure before him. The look in his eyes froze you in your tracks.

"(Y/n), what is this?" Your mother managed to choke out, avoiding Freddy's gaze to address you instead.

Before you could even attempt to explain, Funtime Freddy leaned down, though still towered over the woman below him. "No need to be so scared, Momma Bear, I just came to introduce myself!" You were practically sweating bullets. "Dearest (Y/n) here has so graciously taken me under their wing and let me stay here, isn't that right?" He asked you.

You looked to Freddy, exasperated, then back to your mom, who was now glaring at you. "Yes, yeah, I did," you motioned with your hands pleadingly, "but listen- Freddy back up, please- listen, this is a huge opportunity!"

Freddy moved a couple feet back, allowing your mom more room to breathe. "How in God's name is bringing this thing into my house an opportunity?" She barked. "Do you even know what that is?" She asked, gesturing to the bear, brows furrowed in frustration more than fear.

"I have a name you know-" Freddy cut in, before you jabbed the back of his arm.

"Not the time." You mumbled to him, which he grumbled at. "I know what he is, and assuming you do too, then you should know what he could be worth." You crossed your arms tightly. "Unless you want to ignore my opinions some more."

"This is a completely different situation! You're really bringing that up now?" Your mom asked defensively. "To think you're this old and still arguing with me. I know more than you do, (Y/n)."

At this point, tears were pricking your eyes out of anger. You really didn't want her to see."Maybe we could come to an understanding if you, you know, maybe told me things instead of being in here all day." You sighed and uncrossed your arms, ready to escape the situation that Freddy had put you in. "He's staying. We'll talk later." Was all you could manage before you left her workshop, dragging Funtime Freddy with you, who had stood awkwardly beside you the majority of the time.

You ended up taking the both of you to the opposite end of the house and into your bedroom, closing and locking the door. It was hard to even see the lock through your own tears. Arguing really hurt worse when it was with your own family. It wasn't even that big of a deal...

Turning away from the door, you looked up at Freddy through salty tears to see his smile that, in this situation, looked awfully sadistic. To say you were upset with him was an understatement, but you also were upset with yourself that you let that situation happen at all by trusting the metal bear that you'd only known for a short while.

"Aww, don't look so down in the dumps, aren't you glad that you got all that out of the way?" He shrugged. "Now we can all get along!" Freddy exclaimed with a laugh.

"Are you joking?" You whispered. "Why didn't you listen? You just made everything so much worse-" a hiccup escaped your lips as you turned over the scene in your head. Freddy stilled.

"Like I said, it was going to inevitably happen, cupcake." He walked over and leaned down, leveling your gazes just a bit more. He seemed far more serious than he was before. "All of that was on the two of you."

With that, you couldn't bring yourself to hold eye contact and decided the floor was a more comfortable place to rest your eyes, until you felt a cold hand meet your shoulder. "You'll always have me though! Because we're-"

You cut him off by tackling him into a hug, causing him to freeze in place. You guessed it had been a while since he had any kind of physical contact.

Although you were still upset with him, any kind of affection was what you needed most at the moment. The fact that he was being at all reassuring, even just a little bit, deemed him a worthy victim. He only took a moment to remember to hug back, which he did with a tight squeeze. It wasn't as uncomfortable as you'd expected. Although his hand was cold, he himself was radiating the slightest bit of warmth. You just had to ignore the rust.

You found yourself staying in that position for who knows how long before you began to feel drowsy from a need for sleep. That day had been rough. Hopefully he wouldn't mind..