D1.

The broad daylight and the scorching heat of the  land touched his tan skin making it shine. His physique resembled the type of man he was. Strong and firm.

Adjusting the box in his hands, he walked in the house so effortlessly. The weight of the box was nothing for him. Army had trained him well. It had made him what he was today. Physically and mentally.

"Sir, yeh last box tha. Aap ek baar check kar lijiye saara saman barabar hai na." The man who worked for the shifting company said.

(Sir this was the last box. Please check if everything is okay.)

"Maine count kar liya hai. Sab thik hai." Kabir answered in his deep voice. 

(I have counted everything. It's fine.)

"Accha, phir hum chalte hai." The man said. 

(Fine. I will leave now.)

"Hmm....thank you." Kabir answered with a nod and saw the man leave.

He sighed and took a look at the house he had just bought.

It was a beautiful 3 bedroom bungalow. Though he alone was going to live here.

Seeing the boxes he let out a sigh and started his unpacking. He had a tough job ahead of him.

He went upstairs to his bedroom and placed some boxes on the floor.

He opened the window of his room only to face an interesting sight.

There, in the next house, a young girl sat in the balcony. Her eyes were focused on the canvas in front of her and he couldn't see what she was painting.

She was sitting on a stool and her lips were a natural pout as she focused on her work.

Her soft curls caressed her face as the wind blew them.

She was too engrossed to see him staring at her.

"Meher!" A female voice yelled from the house, startling her at once.

She turned around before puting her brush aside.

"Aayi!" She said in her melodious voice and stood up from the stool.

(I am coming!)

Kabir saw the girl, Meher run inside her house, all the while swaying her dupatta behind her.

He came out of his trance because of the shrill sound of his phone.

He answered the call after taking his eyes away from the balcony.

"Hello..."

"India aa gaya aur apne yaar ko bhool gaya?" He heard the annoying voice of his best friend making him smile slightly.

(You came back to India but forgot your buddy?)

"Yaar? Kaun sa yaar?" He asked, teasingly. 

(Buddy? which buddy?)

"Accha bacchu? Wahi yaar jisne apne baap ke wallet se paise chura kar tujhe party di thi. Ek baar nahi kitni baar." His friend said from the other side.

(The same buddy who gave you a party by staeling money from his father many times.)

"Are haa yaad aa gaya. Tu hi hai na wo jiska abhi tak bachpana nahi gaya. Kaise bhool sakta hoon tujhe Vinod." Kabir said.

(Oh yeah, I remember now. You are the one who is still a child right? How can I forget you Vinod.)

"Bachpana accha hai, atleast teri tarah akdu banne se to kahi accha." Vinod said in a teasing way.