D2.

Meher was ready, waiting for Kabir to take her to the hospital. Thankfully her ankle was healed overnight and the swelling had lessened. 

"Bichare Mr.Kabir." Rahul commented while having breakfast.

(Poor Mr. Kabir.)

"Kyu?" Falguni asked him.

"Ab unhe is ladki ko zhelna jo hai. Hum seh lete hai lekin unhe aadat nahi hogi na." he answered making her laugh.
(Now he has to handle this girl. We do it but he doesn't know it.)

"Udaalo udaalo, sab mera mazaak udaalo." Meher said, sitting down on her chair. 
(Yes yes tease me all of you.)

"Ha main to intezaar kar raha hoon kab teri shaadi ho jaye aur tu yaha se chali jaye. Main to tere pati ko bol dunga agar ise yaha wapas lekar aaya na to taange tod dunga." Rahul said. 
(Yes I am waiting for the day you get married and go from this house. I will tell your husband to never bring you back.)

"Main kahi nahi jaanewali. Yahi rahungi." Meher said with a smirk.
(I am not going anywhere.)

"Shaadi ka topic nikla hi hai to main bhi kuch bolna chahungi." Falguni said, gaining everyone's attention. 
(Now that we are talking about marriage, I would like to say something.)

"Meher, ab tumhari padhai bhi puri ho chuki hai. Tumhara job bhi chalu ho chuka hai." She said looking at Meher with seriousness.
(Now your education is completed and you are also having a job.)

"Haa toh?" Meher asked with confusion. 

"Toh main, aur tumhare papa soch rahe the ki ab sahi waqt hai tumhari shaadi ka." 
(So I and your father think that this is the right time to get you married.)

A bomb was dropped on Meher at the breakfast table. 

Marriage. A topic that is at the peak of discussions in every house once the children grow up. 

Meher knew that one day this topic will come in her life. But she was not ready for the day to come so soon. 

She glanced at her family members, who were already looking at her. 

"Um...shaadi..." She stuttered not knowing what to say.

"Ha. Kya tumhari life main aisa koi hai jisse tum shaadi karna chahti ho? Tumhara koi boyfriend..." Falguni asked, raising an eyebrow. 
(Yes, is there someone in your life whom you want to marry? Any boyfriend?)

Meher's last boyfriend was when she was in 11th standard, it was a stupid teenage relationship which ended in less than a month. After that she had never been into a relationship. Why? because she didn't like the guys who proposed her and couldn't muster courage to propose the guys she liked. 

All in all, her love life was hopeless. She knew that she will never be able to make the first move and hence wasted her time waiting for someone to make a move. 

"Nahi aisa koi nahi hai meri life me." She answered with a low voice. She felt shy in discussing this with her parents all of a sudden. 
(No. There is nothing like that.)

"Great. To phir kya hum tumhare liye ladka dekhe?" Her father asked.
(So can we start finding a groom for you?)

"Ab usme puchna kya hai? Agar usne nahi dekha hai to hume hi dhoondhna hoga na. Main aaj se hi yeh ladka dhoondhne ka kaam shuru karti hoon." Falguni clapped her hands with excitement and grinned.
(What is there to ask? If she hasn't found then it is our responsibility to find one. I will start searching from today.)

"Maa, mere liye pati chahiye, koi washing machine nahi jo aap aise react kar rahi hai." Meher said, not liking her mother's tone. 
(Mom I want a husband and not a washing machine that you are saying like this.)