I1.

The bright sunlight entered the dark forest from the small canopy. Tall pine trees spread across the forest of Himachal.

The bus passed from the risky roads, very close to the edge. It was filled with young girls and boys, dancing and singing. The driver shook his head at the chaos and tried to concentrate on the road.

"Quiet everyone!" The middle-aged man said in a strict voice making everyone stop their actions. He stood up to face them who now sat in their seats respectively.

"The road is dangerous and we are surrounded by forest. Your loud noise can attract animals. And it disturbs the driver. You need to keep quite in such places. You will get time to enjoy once we reach the hotel." The man said making everyone obey him.

The students huffed at their strict teacher and his warning. A bored expression washed over their faces as they now sat quietly, looking out of the window.

"What is this yaarrr?! Can we not just enjoy the ride normally? He is always ruining the fun. Khadoos kahi ka." Jiya said to her best friend Kiara who was sitting beside her.

Kiara shook her head and said, "He is right Jiya. Our voice can attract any wild animal. And look at the roads, they are so dangerous. Sometimes it is better to listen to the elders."

Jiya rolled her eyes at her obedient friend and said,"Sometimes? You always listen to the elders. Just chill dude."

Kiara smiled and looked outside the window. She inhaled the mountain air and smiled. She had always loved mountains and forests. As a child she lived in Shimla, which was the reason of her special connectiin with mountains.

Memories from childhood started coming back to her mind. Happy memories.

But soon she realized that she will never get too feel that happiness again. The happiness of having a family.

She lost her parents in a snow storm when she was 8 years old. Her mother's brothers took her in after that. She had to shift to Delhi, a complete opposite environment than where she lived. Her mamu's were kind enough to take her in as their own child. Her grandparents were the ones to propose that.

Her mami's were not too happy to have her living with them. Which was the reason why she was always treated differently by them. But she never complained, because she was too kind. For her they were feeding her, paying for her expenses. That was worth the taunts she heard and the work she had to do in the house.

She did everything, from cooking to taking care of her grandparents. That was one reason her mami's let her live. She was a free of cost maid to them. And so they were not willing to let her go to the trip. Who will take care of the house then? The twenty-one year old girl had the responsibility of the house.

But her grandparents were on her side this time. They gave her the permission to go.

This was a college trip only for 4 days. They had come to the forest of Himachal.

The reason she desperately wanted to come here was because mountains made her feel home. They reminded her of her parents and that she was never alone.

They soon reached the hotel which was situated right between the forest. It was a small resort perfect for the youngsters.