Assistance is Needed

You yawned and smacked your lips together as your alarm clock began to go off. You didn't really want to get up despite how much you had to. Still, you yawned to yourself as you slowly got your ass out of your bed and was sitting upright. You reached out a little bit and grabbed hold of the metal frame of your wheelchair and moved yourself into it and sat on down. You slapped yourself a little to get yourself fully awake as you felt someone or something was pushing you towards the bathroom door.

You glanced up and back and smiled a bit at seeing your close partner, Haxorus, was giving you a push. You smiled warmly at him which he returned as well. He rolled you into the bathroom where you went ahead and got out of the chair and hoisted yourself up and sat down in the shower seat. After your normal clean up, you went ahead and rolled out and grabbed some breakfast, whistling a little while you worked. As you were doing so, you heard your phone go off at a nearby counter.

You sighed in slight annoyance before rolling from your table of food over to the counter. You reached up and grabbed it before seeing who it was. Professor Aurea Juniper. Your boss, friend, and...yeah. We'll keep it at that for now.

(Y/N): Go for, (Y/N).

Juniper: Hey. Just wanted to see how you are today?

(Y/N): Doing dandy. Is something the matter?

Juniper: Just double-checking. With everything going on. Were you able to get the samples completed and tested?

(Y/N): Testing phase now. They should still be in the lab.

Juniper: Fantastic. I will see you here later then.

(Y/N): Likewise. Cheerio.

You both hung up and you rolled back and got your food. Breakfast was fine, but you needed to move a bit faster to get to work on things. You got down to your elevator and rolled up to your custom-built car and drove off. While you were 36 and couldn't use your legs since you were 4, so getting use to things wasn't the hardest issue. The drive was smooth and calming as you got out to the lab near the edge of the woods from Nuvema Town.

You got out of the car with Haxorus and moved up towards the lab and got inside. A few other aids were already inside and they greeted you with a few smiles. You continued to roll down the hall and got to the large lab in the back and moved on inside. Once there, you smiled as you saw Juniper working with her lab assistant, Bianca. Both turned back to you and smiled.

Bianca: Hey (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Hello Bianca. Glad to see you are in such a chipper mood.

Bianca: One way to describe it.

Bianca smiled as you looked over to Juniper and saw her smile a bit. She pulled her head away from the microscope she was looking through and turned back to you. She walked over to you and got behind your chair and pushed you towards the counter with some more data.

Juniper: Well, we were able to get some more runes translated. You said the samples were in the testing phase?

(Y/N): Well, I sent them off to Rowan and Oak for some background details. We should see results back within 2 weeks maximum.

Once you got to the desk, Juniper slowly helped you up to your feet and let you scan over the data. She held onto one of your arms as you looked at the runes. You smiled a bit and pulled away and turned to your friend.

(Y/N): So, did this come from the north or...

Juniper: Milos Island.

(Y/N): Fascinating.

You smiled at Juniper as she looked back at you. As she walked you back to your wheelchair, Bianca watched you both from the door of the lab. In a hushed movement, the young girl stepped through the door and left you and Juniper on your own. Just as you got comfortable in your wheelchair did Juniper call out for her assistant.