Dinner Date

Juniper was the one driving you guys up north towards Striaton City for your dinner date together. You two had gotten together around a year ago due to your mutual love of things. History, pokemon, research, basic nerd stuff but a lot of fun as well. She was very engaging and well, you just had to fall for her. And somehow, she felt the same way about you. Didn't mean you guys didn't try to have fun and spruce things up with the ever-changing formula called life. And tonight was no exception.

Of course, it didn't help much that office, or in this case lab, drama had followed you two around in most locals. Which meant stuff like Bianca knowing about you two, a couple of others, and even a higher up. That last one was the one that scared you two the most but fortunately, he was fine with it. Workplace relationships aren't really the best thing in any company but it was always nice when one worked out fine. And you were determined to make it work out.

The game plan for tonight was just going to be you two enjoying yourselves and not much else. It had been a good month since you two had a proper date and that was going to change. You had gotten reservations at a small-time, cheery café that you both were excited to try out. When you got there, the staff was very polite and lead you guys to a nice corner table away from some of the louder crowds and you guys got situated.

Juniper: I do have to say. I am a bit impressed by the effort.

(Y/N): A bit? Well, I am frankly shocked by this.

Juniper: Alright, don't get snippy with me.

You laughed a little as Juniper rolled her eyes and leaned back a little.

Juniper: So, enough catch up with work, how have things been going? I feel like this is the first time you and I got a proper sit down in a good while.

(Y/N): Well, there was my performance review.

Juniper: Drop it or I will drop you.

(Y/N): Ok, ok. Joking aside, it has been alright. Magnolia and my nephew Victor made their way over to Galar.

Juniper: That's good. Glad your sister decided to make the move after the divorce.

(Y/N): Yeah. Still want to punch that guy in the nose.

Juniper: You can do that when you walk.

You looked back at Juniper with a little annoyed scowl. While you were a bit annoyed at the walking jokes, you didn't really care much so after the fact and laughed along with her. Still, you looked back at her with a smile as you cleared your throat a little and moved up forward a tad.

(Y/N): Aside from that, I know a couple of trainers working their way through the League right now. Other than that, not much else has really been going on. Oh, I did see the new Seven movie.

Juniper: Arent you a little bored of comic book movies now?

(Y/N): Well, it's more of a satire of how they would really be. But, yeah, I can see your point. But they are good movies.

Juniper: True. But I prefer those historical miniseries.

(Y/N): You mean the ones where you have a bottle of whiskey and take a shot whenever something inaccurate happens?

Juniper: Yep.

(Y/N): There's a reason I always stay the night when you do that.

Juniper blushed a bit and looked down at herself as you said that. Still, you both laughed a little at the sight of an embarrassed professor.

Juniper: But moving on, I got some big wins at a poker match the other night.

(Y/N): I didn't know you played poker?

Juniper: Picked it up. Not that bad at it. But that cash was enough to get us a couple of free vacation days. Let's say someplace nice like the Humilau Resort?

You laughed a little and slapped your leg as you looked back at her. Slowly the realization hit you that she was being serious. You blinked a little as you looked at her. She gave you a smile and a wink as a waiter came by for your food and drinks. You were still a little rattled by Juniper's reveal as you ate your chicken in somewhat silence. After a good while, Juniper coughed a little to gain your attention. You looked up to her and saw her give you a little bit of a smile.

Juniper: So?

(Y/N): So?

Juniper: You can say a number of things here. Like thank you, or "Wow! You're amazing Aurea" or-

(Y/N): I'm still just reeling from all this. I mean, it's not every day you get to go on vacation with your girlfriend, let alone something this exclusive or this fun. But, um, there is a small problem.

Juniper: I got us a wheelchair excusable hotel room Mostly because it is something called an elevator, sweetie.

(Y/N): It's not the hotel room I'm worried about. I'm worried about the sand. That crap can get tied down to my wheels and make things harder to move. I don't want to leave you on the beach alone.

Juniper: We won't have to go on the beach. We could always check out the docks. Go fishing, enjoy the sea, study the history.

(Y/N): And there it is.

Juniper giggled a little as she looked over to you. She reached out and took your hand with her own and smiled at you. You slowly smiled back at her and enjoyed the little moment you two had together before you guys went back to eating dinner. The food was great as expected and the atmosphere was also very nice. So, after a while, you guys got on out of there and began to walk through the parking lot back to the car.

The walk mostly consisted of jokes, mostly about how you couldn't walk. Still, it was nice. Once back at her car, you both got inside and drove off into the night. As you guys were driving, you saw that you guys were going out a little past the city.

(Y/N): So, where exactly are we going?

Juniper: A little seaside venture.

You cocked an eyebrow as she continued to drive. Once you guys got along the highway by the shoreline, the sky began to light up a little bit as you turned your head. Low and behold that the night sky began to blow up a little bit as we drove. You turned and saw that fireworks were going off around the villa of the shoreline. You smiled a bit as you turned your head over to see the colors and then turned back to look at your girlfriend. She smiled a bit as she glanced over to you.

Juniper: They started launching them last week with the solstice. I'd figure you would love to see them a little bit.

You laughed a little as you looked back. You never had a chance to see something so beautiful. Sure you have seen fireworks before, but never this close. Never like this. Typically, they would be far off due to your inland town. Still...this was magical to say the least. Especially for you. You turned back to her and kept your head shifting between the fireworks and her, getting her to smile again and again.

Juniper eventually rounded the roundabout and got you guys going back towards Striaton City. As you guys were driving back, you noticed that you guys passed the restaurant you guys were going to and the exit towards Nuvema. You turned back to her and cocked an eyebrow.

Juniper: It has been over a month since you and I got some time together.

(Y/N): Yeah. Well, I chalk that up to us being so busy all the time.

Juniper: True. You aren't doing anything tomorrow, right?

(Y/N): Nothing insanely early. Why?

Juniper smirked at you as you slowly began to blush. You knew exactly what she was asking for. You blushed a little as you pulled your collar away from your neck. She reached over and placed a hand on your thigh. You placed your own hand on top of yours and turned to her. She gave you a sultry smile as you returned it with a lick along your lips.

(Y/N): You know, for a world-renowned professor and historian, I am so happy I'm the only one who gets to see this side of you.

Juniper: As you should be.

She laughed a little as you did the same. You both knew exactly what the game plan was for later. You guys just had to get there safely first.