VI

"You're late, Parker." Those were the first scolding words Phoebe recieved upon arrival, still in her default uniform, standing on the PE grounds before her new homeroom teacher, Shota Aizawa. The man who also happened to be the hero she pinned to the wall sometime ago, but he doesn't need to know about that.

Thank goodness I had a mask.

A mask he'll recognise from my hero suit. Oh shitty fudge snickerdoodles my quirk too. Nahhh I'll just avoid using my web shooters around him.

"Y/N thingz, I'm sorry." Phoebe smiled whilst rubbing the back of her head, feeling the curious gazes of all her new classmates who stood seemingly tired out. A PE test, great.

"Sorry won't cut it. You have 15 minutes to complete a full quirk apprehension test, beginning with softball throw." He said with a glare, tossing her a ball. "Throw as far as you can, just stay within that circle,"

Phoebe exhaled uncomfortably, but was glad a hurried evaluation was all she got for being as late as she was, and she dared not look behind her, where the remaining 19 students stood staring at her. Instead, she stepped within the circle drawn on the ground and pulled back her arm, then released the ball into the distance, wondering if anyone ever picked them up afterwards.

"573 meters." A machine in Mr. Aizawa's hand said, and the man led her to the next test without much of a fuss. Fuss she probably deserved after such a throw, hmph.

In the end, she placed 10th, which she was satisfied with, just in time for the bell.

Phoebe turned on her heel and got ready to skip off in relief, though only for her hair to stand on-edge, prompting her to dodge Mr. Aizawa's scarves with a swift jump back. "Are there any issues?" She smiled obnoxiously.

"...No." He muttered with a glare and turned his gaze away from a snickering Phoebe.

I'm gonna web his ass to his chair.

🕷

As soon as classes were over, Phoebe really hoped she could slip right out, but that wasn't the case, apparently, because even though nobody had the time to talk with her during classes, it seemed that now was their time.

"So you're from America? What's it like there?" One girl asked.

Better than here, she thought.

"Well, it's definitely different," She said instead.

"What's your quirk? It looks a lot like Superpower," Another asked.

"It's called Spider," She replied, "I can basically do spider-like things like crawl walls,"

"That's so cool!"

"Thanks." She smiled, feeling her phone ping from inside her pocket. "Oh, sorry, I have to go,"

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" The teens waved Phoebe off as she left, her original pessimistic emotions mixing with curiosity, making her feel a little better about today than she probably would've otherwise.

As soon as she was out in front of the school, though the path through the long and complex hallways was a hard one, she checked her notification. Aunt May, she asked when classes were over. Phoebe texted her back hurriedly, then picked out Mr. Stark's number with even greater haste.

"Yes?"

"Hiiii Mr. Stark, missing me already?" Phoebe joked, already feeling better just by hearing his voice. It's been 3 weeks of her being too cowardly to call him, but today was the day, she decided. The man was like a father to her, so that was all the more reason to call.