Talking about planning - 1

3 years. Three whole years of happiness and love, with the occasional fight, but it couldn't have been more perfect. Harry had done so much in the three years of your marriage. Two world tours, two albums and countless radio shows and interviews along the way. Now, however, it was time for a long (and much-needed) break. A break from work and public life. A break from his friends and travels.

It was time for him to relax a little. It was about time he was with you and just enjoying being married. For months he spent time with you, cooking dinner every other night if you got home a little late from work, doing laundry when you wanted to relax. He spent time with his family. Anne and Gemma visit us from time to time, or you both escape to Cheshire for a while. During those months of relaxation, Harry had begun to have a few thoughts. He had started thinking about the future for both of you and where you wanted to take your marriage next.

Baby fever was something he'd had for a while. If he took you to the grocery store, his ears would prick up when a baby cried across the store. When you went shopping and passed the cute baby boutique downtown, Harry would stop and look at everything in the window."Harry, come on. It's the same baby outfits and toys that are in that window every time we walk by." You giggled.

"I know," he frowned, "but I just enjoy watching it. I'm trying to get ideas for when Gemma will pop out a little."

He knew he was lying through his teeth. Gemma was not fit for children at the moment. She and Michal were happy and very much in love, but they weren't quite ready for a baby. "Well, maybe one day we can come by when she decides she's ready." You smiled and grabbed his hand.

That night you had prepared baked chicken with rice and broccoli along with a bottle of red wine. Harry had been sitting across from you, poking at his food. You knew something was on his mind.

"Babe, are you alright? You seem a little off." 

"I'm fine, just thinking. A bit tired too," he murmured, keeping an eye on his chicken. "Well, why don't you go upstairs and get some rest? I can save your dinner for later if you want it then." You suggested.

Harry looked up at you briefly before pushing his plate aside and sliding off the table. Put a kiss on your forehead before apologizing upstairs.

After cleaning up the kitchen and packing Harry's dinner into Tupperware, you headed up the stairs. You slip into one of Harry's old t-shirts remove your make-up and crawl into bed next to him.

"Are you feeling alright?" you whisper, propping yourself up on one arm as you brush the fringes off his face."Yes."

"What's going on in your brain, handsome?" you wondered, running your finger over one of his swallow tattoos."It's nothing. You'll probably say no, and that's okay." He mumbled."Tell me," you whisper, sending him a warm smile.

Harry cleared his throat and turned onto his side to face you. He placed his hand on your hip while his thumb rubbed gentle circles across your skin. His eyes sparkled in the dim light from the bedroom lamp. His eyebrows remained furrowed as he gathered his thoughts in his head. "I know we've had three eventful years of marriage," he began, "and I know you're glad I'm taking a little break. Not writing or travelling back and forth from here to LA. I feel kinda bad because I seem so busy and I don't want you to forget that I love you."