Finally... - 3

Two minutes. It only took two whole minutes for your life to change completely. Just two minutes to find yourself crying on the bathroom floor adjoining your bedroom and Harry's. Being home alone that day had its perks, Harry had gone out that morning to see Nick after his radio show. He had told you that morning that he would be away most of the day training and visiting Grimmy while he was gone, but you two had made plans to meet up for lunch.

It wasn't until he left early in the morning that you felt sick. Staying hunched over the toilet bowl for most of the morning and only finding enough time between vomiting to get ready to meet up with Harry that afternoon. After you got out of the shower, towel-dried your body and changed into a pair of underwear and one of Harry's t-shirts, you felt nauseous again. When you were rummaging around in the bathroom closet, you came across the last 3 pregnancy tests you had. A nervous feeling had come over your body. This illness was not new to you, you had often felt it, it was the consequences that made you nervous. Feeling all the same symptoms as someone who would become pregnant in the past had only left you with negative results. Leaving you and your husband heartbroken again and again.

You wanted to put the unopened tests aside, but something inside you kept yelling at you to test them. Indulging your inner thoughts, you grabbed the three tests and opened them one by one. They put her on the countertop of the sink and attempted the first test. Sitting on the lid of the toilet, knees bouncing as you wriggled your way out through the nauseous feeling you were feeling, the test beeped. Signal that the two minutes were up. To your great dismay, the test came back negative. They took a deep breath and tried to relax.

"It's just the first test, YN. There's still a chance," you whisper to your reflection.In the second test, you waited another very long two minutes. Every second that passed felt like an eternity. Leaning back in your seat, head in your hands as your body trembled, the faint beep of the test sounded. Your heart wanted to fall. That was it, the moment of truth. This test could easily turn your life back into heartbreak or give you a glimmer of hope. Sending a silent prayer, you rose from your seat and headed over to the second test.

"Please be positive, please," you whispered.

When you flipped the test, your heart crashed. In this test, there was not just one line, but two. Two lines that signal hope for a baby. You wanted to stop there, but you couldn't. One last test and you would know for sure if you were pregnant or if it was just another coincidence. You waited enough to take the third and final test, you passed it. Set it down on the vanity, sit on the edge of the tub and wait for the test to beep.

"Please work, God, please work. We need this, we need a baby."Two minutes. Just two minutes.

When you heard the final beep of the final test, you took a deep breath and considered whether to look or not. What if it was negative...again. What if you just couldn't get pregnant? What would Harry think? Would he leave you because you couldn't give him what he wanted all his life? Would he be mad? So many thoughts went through your head as you sat there alone. Part of you wishes Harry were with you. If he had been with you, you could have him look instead. But part of you was glad it wasn't. If the test came back negative, he never had to know. They could easily spare him the heartache of yet another failed attempt at raising a family.

As you worked up the courage to get up off the edge of the tub, Harry's words from that night ran through your head.