Chapter 2

The train came to a slow stop, whispers around me stopped and the doors opened. I looked out at the empty station. "Well this looks boring..." I thought as I stepped out to look around. I glanced one way and then the other, the train station completely empty, trash overflowing the bins and graffiti littering the walls. I turned around to step back in the train but the door closed before I could.

"Hey wait! I was gonna come wi-" The train started moving without any sign of stopping.

"H-Hang on!" I banged on the doors and tried to pry them open as the train began moving faster, my boots scraping against the ground as I tried my hardest to open the doors with my bare hands. 

"S-stop!" I banged on the window and tripped over myself as the train got too fast to hold onto. 

I shifted and pushed myself up into a sitting position. 

"Wh-what the bloody heck..." I stuttered softly.

   The train's rumble echoed further and further down the tunnel. I got up and looked around, noticing the benches near the back of the station.

"Huh...I guess I could rest for a bit until the next one comes.." I walked over and slipped my guitar off my back, setting it next to my like an old friend as I sat down and waited.

    I watched, waited, listened for maybe an hour. I sighed softly, the sigh echoing through the dusty, muggy, air. I reached over and grabbed my guitar, slipping it onto my knees and started playing. 

"You're waisting your..time.." I took a deep breath and kept playing.

"You're waisting mine... I hate to see you leaving-" I heard the scuffing of shoes over to my left and went completely quiet, looking up.

I looked all around at the still empty station, feeling a chill run down my spine.

"H-hello?" I asked with a soft, shaky stutter.