Chapter 20

The Coopers. The Stepford of Riverdale. High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty... Until Jason Blossom happened. And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance... Polly Cooper. How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How, for reasons still murky, their respective parents tried to tear them apart. How their break-up was short-lived because Polly soon learned she was pregnant with Jason's baby. How they became secretly engaged with his grandmother's blessing and her heirloom ring and made plans to run away together, to start a new life. And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

"That's insane!" Peter said, talking to Betty the next morning. 

Kevin's dad had arrested Jughead cause they had somehow found his DNA at the sit of the car fire. When he had been at Peters apartment hole night. 

"I know. Jugheads dad nearly lost it on Sheriff Keller and if Mr. Andrews hadn't stepped in FP would be in jail right now," Betty said, getting ready to meet sheriff Keller at the Lounges.

 "How's Jug doing?" he asked, pulling his suit back on so he could meet in the Lab Eddie had gotten set up for them

. "He's fine. A little shaken up but Your aunt, took him in," Betty said, fixing her shirt. Peter sighed.

 "How are you doing after learning that the Blossoms might hurt Polly?"

 "Honestly, not great. I thought I could trust them with my sister and her unborn child but of course not why would it ever be that easy," She finished with a huff. 

He sat down at his desk and put the extra red and black suit. the Nanites and unstable molecules, into his backpack. "I'll be back soon. I'm just going to meet Eddie at his lab and give him a piece of the black, then I'm home." 

"Just in time for winter formal too," Betty said walking out to her car. Peter pulled his mask on and transferred his call to his heads-up display. 

"Yeah cool. Listen, Betty, I have to go, bye." 

"Lov..." She didn't get to finish before the line went dead. She had wanted to say "I love you" for the last week and a half and every time she was about to say it, he had to go whether that be Spider-man or Riverdale registry and if she was being honest with herself it made her upset. Shaking her head she drove to Veronicas so they could talk to Kevin's dad.

"That was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller asked The eldest Cooper. 

"At Pop's, when he told me the plan, that he was gonna fake his death, and then we would meet up. But, before that could happen, my mom and dad sent me away," Polly said.

 "One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away, Jason was dealing drugs." 

"Making a one-time delivery," Polly interrupted before she continued. 

"He needed... We needed money. To get away and to start over," She said. 

"So Riverdale's star football player becomes a drug mule?" Keller asked.

 "He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang." "The Serpents?" Keller asked for confirmation.

 "He got an address upstate, where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash," She continued. 

"The drugs you found in Jason's car..." 

"Yeah," Betty responded.

 "...that went up in flames," the sheriff finished.