𝑪𝒉.12

~*~*~*~𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂

~*~*~*~
𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂

𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒌𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒔 they ventured through the dark cave.

"We must face the king dark or Moria. Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs sun the deep places of the world." Gandalf warned,sparing a glance at Annika,before leading the group on. Legolas puts an arm around her waist as protection and to keep her warm.

"Quietly,now. It's a four-day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed." Gandalf said and Annika gulped. She shivered as they soon entered an open area where there was only one badly skinny bridge. The place was very open and was surrounded by boulders that could easily fall on them. They soon crossed the bridge and Annika forced herself not to even dare to look down or even look anywhere else besides looking straight. They soon made it to the other side and Annika let's out a breathe or relief.

"What is the matter?" Legolas asked her and she glanced at him.

"I have a fear of heights. Sometimes. But this cave gives me superb phobia of heights." She said shakily and Legolas pulls her closer to him.

"Feel safer now?" He asked and she nodded and blushed.

"Very." He smirked at her answer and kept walking. After walking for quite some time,Gandalf stops as he sees scar like markings on the walls.

"The wealth of Moria was not in gold or jewels,but Mithril." Gandalf explained as he points his staff down below. Annika slowly looked down to see many,many stairs and she immediately backed up. Her breath quickened and she began to sweat.

"Bilbo had a short of mithril rings that Throin gave him." Gandalf says and Annika sighed in relief as they kept moving.

"Oh,that was a kingly gift." Gimli exclaimed and Gandalf agreed.

"Yes. I never told him,but it's worth was greater than the value of the Shire."

~*~*~*~

Annika groans as she climbed the steps. Her legs were buckling under her and she really needed to rest. Legolas was behind her and had his hand around her waist to steady her. Annika takes a step and the step soon breaks. Annika gasped and Legolas immediately comes to her aid,steadying her.

"You okay?" He asked and she nods. They soon continued until they were at the top. There stood three doorways. Each entryway ominous in its own which made Annika have shivers up her spine. Gandalf looks around at each door puzzled.