the encounter of hachishakusama

once upon a time, in japan, there lived a young girl named yumi, she lived with her sister and grandparents, while her parents were on a business trip, one day, yumi decided to play with her older sister Mona, the two sisters went outside to play, but then all of a sudden the sisters hear a strange noise.

???: po po po po po

Mona: what's that noise?

yumi: i don't know, it sounds weird.

Mona and yumi follow the strange sound until they see a tall woman over the garden fence, yumi was amazed by how tall the woman was, but she was grabbed by her sister and dragged out of there.

by the time yumi and mona arrived at their grand parent's house, mona tells everything that happened and what she and yumi saw, when mona mentioned how tall the woman was and what sound it made, yumi's grandma had a worried look on her face, while her grandpa's face had a serious expression, he was asking yumi multiple questions if the tall woman had seen or hurt her, yumi was confused by how anxious he was, she tried to answered the questions, but was interrupted by her grandmother.

grandma: slow down honey, you're confusing the young girl.

grandpa: i'm sorry dearie, i just want yumi to be safe.

yumi: from what, what's going on, why won't you tell me?

yumi's grandpa wouldn't listen to her question, he just went to the other room and started to talk to someone on the phone.