Chapter Eleven

Ok so I might've come up with two storylines and I might've mixed both of them so this book is jumbled up and I have to go back and fix things but from now on it should be ok. Let me know if things don't make sense so I can fix! Sorry abt this :P

     - desire
Chapter Eleven -

Abyss. It was nothing like I've ever felt before— just pitch black and emptiness. Somehow I wasn't afraid. My thoughts that were once clouded became clear and my only objective was to protect myself. I was born alone into this world so I will carry the crown alone.

My eyes opened and I saw Caitlyn staring down at me. "She's awake!" She said and someone came to my side. I felt someone hug me and I finally focused my vision. Vi.

"I thought I lost you." She said so relieved. "You can never lose me." I felt blood rush through my veins in my eyes. My voice boomed around the room and Caitlyn's and Vi's eyes were on me. My voice was different. "Why are your eyes red?" Caitlyn asked before pointing to the mirror. I got up and walked over to her mirror and touched my lower eyelids.

"Achyls said it's time." I told them. "Time for what?" Vi asked sitting up. "I have to go." I said before grabbing my jacket and leaving. Her house was just the same as the last time I was here. "Where are you going?" The voice belonged to her moms. "I'm going to explain things to the council." I replied before she followed me. "Explain? I know you and I know you're good so help me understand what happened to your family."

I looked around before leaning in. "There's a traitor in my staff." I told her before composing myself. "Laugh like I made a joke." She was confused but laughed anyway. "Now, follow me."

——

"Cass?" I asked. She appeared next to me. "Yes, Queen Victoria?" She said kneeling. "No need to kneel. I have a favor to ask of you." I told her. "Anything. My sole purpose is to serve you to any and every extent." Her voice was calm. "Take the blame for me." I smirked.

"Take the blame for us."

Her eyes widened as it was her first time hearing Achyls voice. She nodded and put her head back down. "If I have to reign...there must be no competition." I spoke before she put her hands in cuffs. I opened the doors. My face morphed into a horrified one. "I have brought you the traitor in my staff. My- my servant is responsible for killing my family." I cried.

Two enforcers made their way over to her and each one grabbed her by the arm. She didn't struggle. "Queen Victoria? Are you alright?" Mel asked. "This is treason!" Another yelled. I slowly made my way to my seat. My hands shook as I tried to compose myself. "I feel as if my heart has been ripped out from my chest." I spoke to them.

I felt their eyes on me. This time it wasn't fear or hate—it was sympathy, such a human emotion. It will be the end of them. I do not like the council. They think of themselves to high and are so self centered.

Look who's talking

At least I'm honest about what I want

And what do you want?

I want the crown...all to myself

Are you willing to do anything to achieve it?

I killed my family...is that enough proof?

You did not love your family. What about Vi?

I'm doing this for her. Once I have the entire world in my hands I will give it to her.

"Let us have a trial for the murder. In the case of the murder of Former King Arthos, Queen Elizabeth and former prince Augustine... do you plead innocent or guilty?" Mel asked my servant. She looked at me before lunging at me. "I will kill you! I will kill the rest of your fucking bloodline!" She screamed.

She really is selling it

No kidding. I might have to give her a raise

"I will take that as guilty." She said. We all looked at each other. "I propose we have her stripped of her possessions and exiled." Mel added. I looked at them and most agreed. I wonder how far they are willing to listen to me. "I want her dead for what she did to my family." I told them. Cass stoped struggling and looked at me.

   "She took my family away. I will never get them back. Won't you grant me this one wish?" I cried to them. Silence filled the room before I heard a noise. It was the sound of the light turning on and I looked up. Mel had her hand raise in agreement.

   You even won miss peace over

  Nothing a little cry and whisper in the ear won't do

   "I cannot imagine the pain and suffering Queen Victoria is going through. If this is her one wish I am willing to grant it. Fight fire with fire." She spoke. It didn't take long for the others to agree.

  "She will be sentenced to death." Mel spoke and silence filled the air. "Take her away to Stillwater in the meantime." I said. I got up and walked over to her. I slapped her and as I did I dropped something on the ground. She pretended to fall over from the slap and grabbed what I dropped discreetly.

    "I hope you rot in hell."

   I made my way back to my seat before Councilor Kirmmamin spoke. "Do you need a moment, Queen Victoria?" She asked me with tearful eyes. I nodded and pretended to weep. "Excuse me." I told them before I left the room.