1

Could this year be any worse? Possibly. 

At least that's what Loki had told himself as he stared up at the ceiling, watching as the shadows from passing cars went by. His mother had received an email that morning stating Loki would be required to attend summer school due to his poor math grade. 

Now he may be a loner that stuck to his studies and books- but algebra was hard. He had been only two points away from passing, and it filled him with uncharacteristical rage. He had the urge to punch the nearest wall and hide under his sheets for the rest of the summer.

Thankfully, he only had to attend for eight weeks. He still had plenty of summer break left over until he had to return for one final year in September.

The first few days of summer had been unbearably muggy, so Loki mainly retired to his bedroom and read or played video games. Although he wouldn't be able to play on his console until the end of summer school as his mother had taken it away as punishment. It's not his fault math is hard.

Most kids would be out in their yards or partying, perhaps even hitting the unusually warm beaches. 

Belsize Park was almost always at least the slightest bit chilly. It was something he had grown to love growing up here. The schools were nice, the neighborhood he lived in was quaint save for the next door's chihuahuas, and you could pretty much walk anywhere without worrying.

A small frown pulled onto his lips. He would be stuck at school for eight weeks for four hours a day doing nothing but algebra problems. His teacher said he'd be able to leave once his grade was pulled up, but his mother wanted him to stay all eight weeks.

The only part he looked forward to was getting away from his overbearing mother for a few hours. She constantly hovered over him, watching his every move.

Now Loki did love his mother dearly, but she was too much at times. He's a teenage boy- he wants his space.

His father on the other hand barely spoke a word to him. The occasional head nod and 'how's school' were the only interactions they really had. 

Their relationship had crumbled after Loki found out he was adopted. He had lived his entire life thinking he didn't look like his brother and mum because he was different, only to find out it's because they aren't even his biological family. It took a toll on the raven haired boy. He barely left his room after that and actually began to look forward to going to school.

A blush crept onto his cheeks as he remembered the other reason why.

There was a boy in his grade named Tom. Tom Hiddleston to be more exact. He's one of the most popular guys in school and is the captain of the rugby team. 

Tom had the prettiest face Loki had ever seen. He had beautiful blondish curls and a perfect jawline, sharp cheekbones, perfect pink lips- Loki could go on for ages just describing how attractive the boy is.