𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

Nyx's POV

Makkari ran Druig, Sersi, and I to the volcano.

"It's time to put a god to sleep." Sersi said.

"Yeah." I said dryly showing my limited amount of enthusiasm.

We activated the Uni-Mind and we were all lifted off the ground.

I felt the affects of the Uni-Mind almost immediately. I felt weak and vulnerable. Let's just hope Thena can hold off Ikaris.

Finally, the lava in the volcano started to die back down. Just when everything was going right, Ikaris blasted Druig to the ground.

"I should've done this five centuries ago." He grabbed Druig by the throat and flew into the air.

The Uni-Mind stopped working and we were set back on the ground.

"No." I watched as Ikaris threw Druig to the ground and shot him with the laser beams in his eyes. "Ah!"

I wanted to go and stop him but Makkari pulled Sersi and I out of the way as the Domo came crashing at us.

Makkari ran Phastos and Thena out.

"Druig's gone." Ikaris announced. "It's over."

I threw a blast of dark energy at him and he crashed threw three boulders.

I blasted him into another rock before he tried to shoot me.

I moved to his shadow and bashed his head in the rock as hard as I could.

I threw him across the beach and he almost got hit by a flying rock from the emergence.

"You killed him, and now I'm gonna kill you."

I stopped all the flying rocks around us and brought them all crashing down on Ikaris

The only thing going through my mind was what he had just done. He killed Ajak and Druig, and now he was ready to destroy the world.

He used his laser beams to destroy every rock I threw at him.

I brought his shadow to life and used its powers against Ikaris. Not only was I able to control and see through the shadow but I was able to be in control of myself while doing it.

The shadow used its laser beams against Ikaris while I threw a blast of energy at him.

He suddenly fired his laser beams at me and I lost control of his shadow. He grabbed me by the throat. "Enough." He threw me backward and shot me with his laser beams.

Phastos, Thena, Makkari came and tried to stop Ikaris.

The four of us kept fighting him until a Deviant showed up and knocked Makkari to the ground.

"Why are you helping Ikaris?" Thena asked.

"We can't let it absorb our powers." Phastos warned.

"Too late." Gold symbols formed around its fist the way it did for Gilgamesh.

"Thena, he's trying to goad you. Don't..."

Makkari formed a funnel of sand around the Deviant.

"Where is Sersi?" Ikaris asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know." I said.

"You always did underestimate her."

Ikaris tried to fly after her when Phastos stopped him.

"Oh, no. Not so fast. A little help here?" Phastos turned to me.

"I can do more than that." Ikaris tried to look back at us but when he did we could see his eyes were pure black. I had absorbed all the light he saw from the sun practically blinding him.

He struggled against Phastos but he just slammed him into the ground and with no sight he didn't know where to go.

"Boss. I don't know about you but this is really satisfying, right?"

"Agreed." I said.

"Let me go, you two! I can't let her do this!" Ikaris struggled against us.

"I don't think so. I've been wanting to clip your wings for a long time, Ikaris!"

He tried to shoot us with his laser beams but without his sight he fired at nothing and his beams didn't travel far.

The water in the ocean moved to make way for the golden fingers of the Celestial. His entire hand and head were coming from the ocean around us.

Ikaris finally broke free of his restraints and Phastos and I were thrown to the ground. I wasn't able to keep his sight anymore. Ikaris flew after Sersi.

Before I could go after him Phastos, Makkari, and I were lifted off the ground.

Once again felt the vulnerability and weakness I did before.

"Ah!" I heard the echo cry of Sersi like she was standing right next to me.

When we were set back down the Celestial was now a giant piece of marble sticking out of the ocean.

She did it. Saved all of us and the world.

I felt tears filling my eyes. He said we wouldn't have to worry about losing each other.

Thena walked over next to me.

"We became one...even Ikaris and Sprite all because of Tiamut." Makkari signed to us all.

A saw two figures out of the side of my eyes.

One of them was Druig!

I ran to him and we embraced each other before connecting our foreheads.

"My beautiful, Nyx." He smiled.

"Don't do that again." I was barley able to get the words out.

"Sprite." Sersi said to the little girl. "I still have energy from the Uni-Mind. I think I can make you human. All the things you said you wanted, you can have them. But your time will be fleeting and you'll die one day. Are you ready for that?"

"I am."

I looked at Thena. How come Sprite could get what she wanted after she betrayed us yet, Thena couldn't get back what she deserves.

Later, when we all started walking back to the ship to see if Phastos could fix it I stopped walking.

"What is it?" Druig asked.

"I love you." I said as I leaned in and connected our lips.