I Think You're Really Pretty, Ok?

Vanessa

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache, cursing the vodka sodas that had seemed like such a good idea the night before. I made a silent vow to myself at that very moment that I was never going to drink again. Rubbing at my temples, I tried to recall the events from last night but it was all just a black memory in my head. I had been focusing so hard on summoning my brain to remember any little detail from last night that I didn't even hear the soft snoring coming from next to me until just now.

My eyes shot open and I had to blink a couple of times to wash away the burning gritty sensation. Panic gripped my chest as I realized that I was lying in an unfamiliar bed. Crap, whose bed was I in? My stomach churned. I honestly thought I was going to throw up if I looked over and saw Alex Banks passed out next to me.

Heart hammering against my ribcage, I reluctantly looked around the room, as I was too terrified to look at the face of the body sleeping next to me just yet. The sight of bare walls, black clothing scattered on the floor, and a pile of books on the nightstand came into focus. I gulped as it slowly dawned on me exactly whose bed this belonged to. My gaze finally settled on Matt sprawled out fast asleep next to me. My heart started to beat even faster. I really was going to puke.

He was sleeping face down, his cheek pressed against the pillow and his hair sticking up. He looked like an adorable little angel when he slept and I had to fight the urge to cuddle into him. My slights slid down his body and I saw that thankfully, he still had his jeans on but at some point during the night, must have ditched his shirt. I bit my lip. Even his back was sexy with its toned muscles. I was too busy admiring him that I forgot to concentrate on the bigger picture for a minute. Why was I here and what the heck happened last night?

My head was spinning with dehydration and questions that I needed the answers to now. I desperately tried to recall the party at "the spot" but it was all such a blur to me. It was at that moment that I really began to panic. How did I end up in my crush's bed? Had I said or done anything weird? My blood turned ice-cold as a horrifying thought came to mind. Oh god. What if I tried kissing him or even worse, told him that I loved him? My breathing came out fast and hard and it felt like I was going to start hyperventilating any second.

My brain went into overdrive as it played out various scenarios in my head. Or, what if he had said it back and I had given up my virginity to him? Wouldn't that be just so very lovely? Sleeping with the guy that I've been after for two years the first time I had sex and not even being able to remember it?

With shaky hands, I peeked under the comforter and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that my skirt was still on. I shifted around slightly. Nothing felt sore. Thank goodness. That was a promising sign that things didn't get too crazy.

So if we didn't sleep together then what had we done? My racing thoughts continued as there were still a lot of unknowns. I propped myself up to do a sweep around the room for my phone so I could text Addison. She knew everybody's dirty secrets so surely she would be able to fill me in on what had happened between me and Matt last night. My heart sank when I didn't spy my cell anywhere and I figured I had probably dropped it in Matt's car. There went my grand plan to escape without him noticing.

I glanced over at him, his arms tightly hugging a balled-up sheet. Ugh. He was so gorgeous. I had to leave now. Swallowing what little saliva I had on my dry tongue, I gently nudged him in the ribs but he didn't flinch. I elbowed him again, only this time much harder.

"Ow!" He grimaced as he rubbed his side, his grey eyes slowly opening.

"Matt," I whispered. "I need you to take me home."