chapter 6

Kate quickly got dressed and ran down the stairs to see Olivia had already left and Connor had already gotten the young ones ready for school. Everyone was in the car and dropped off at school. Kate and Connor headed into the school. They headed into the library where they were met by Jeremy, Stefan, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, and Elena.

"Oh, hey Kate!" Caroline said loudly only to be shushed by the school librarian. Connor looked at Kate confused wondering,' Does she know these people?'

" Caroline nice to see you again. Oh, sorry everyone meets my friend, Connor, Connor this is Jeremy, Stefan, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, and Elena."

"Best friend thank you very much," Connor said slightly offended. Kate rolled her eyes at him since it was implied at least in her mind. They were starting to get to know each other when the bell rang. Caroline and Kate just kind of clicked like Connor and Jeremy.

As the group started to head to their classes Connor quickly said," Hey meet in the library and we'll show you where we sit at lunch. Kate smiled and nodded in agreement. Connor then turned left down the science wing of the school and headed to chemistry. Kate split from the group with a departing smile to history.

Elena was the first to speak," We can't let them ruin her she's too nice and doesn't deserve that."

The rest of the group nodded in agreement, but Caroline budded in starting to have doubts about this.

" What if she's good for them, maybe she can turn them into decent people?"

Stefan then turned to her and said," And what if she doesn't huh, she'll get hurt for no reason when we could have stopped it."
Caroline huffed and said," Fine, your right."

They split up and went to the classes on their schedules.

With Connor in chemistry.

Connor went and took his seat at one of the lab tables. The last bell had rung as Mr. Riker walked in.

" Ok class today we'll be learning about covalent and ionic bonding. Ionic bonds are between metals and nonmetals while covalent bonds are between a nonmetal and a nonmetal."

About 7 minutes into class there was a knock on the classroom door. Mr. Ricker walked over and opened the door and in walked a blonde.

" Come on in don't be shy, what's your name?" Mr. Riker asked with a smile on his face.

" Rebekah Mikaelson sir," she said with a smile on her face.

" Ah yes you were with your siblings yesterday, right?"
Rebekah nodded in reply.

"Well anyway let's see, you can be Connor's partner. Connor can you raise your hand." Mr. Riker said while looking at Connor.

Connor felt attracted to the blonde beauty but quickly dismissed and shook out of it when the teacher said his name.

He raised his hand. Rebekah looked around the world but when their eyes met, her eyes widened in shock, but she quickly dismissed and walked over and took a seat. She could feel the heat coming off him and his heart beating faster than normal. If she could blush, she would.

They spend the class period sneaking glances at each other. Rebekah stayed confident and very happy about what she had discovered.

At the end of the chemistry class, just before the bell was about to ring and everyone was gathering up their school supplies.

Connor turned to Rebekah nervous, he even had a stutter. She found it kind of cute.

"Um, hey Rebekah w-w-would you like to come sit me and my friends at lunch by any chance? I-I thought it would be nice to have some people to talk to. Plus, there are also some other new kids it might help you get used to the new Sc-school."

Rebekah sent him a small smile and said," Sure, would it be ok if my brother came with?"

He nodded quickly and then made his way to his next class with Kate, art.

He was her soulmate; it seems her brothers wouldn't be the only ones with a happy ending.