Ch 21

Kate ran as fast as she could. She made it to a nearby gas station. She pulled out her phone which was almost dead. She was crying and she started thinking. Elena and Bonnie and the group would give hateful looks to the mikaelson family not to mention each was passive aggressive to each other.

She opened her contacts and pulled up Elena's contact. She called it and held it to her ear and she was sobbing while waiting for Elena to pick up. After a few rings Elena picked up.

"Kate," Elena said worry clear in her voice.

" Elena, he-he wasn't normal. D-did you know. His eyes they they were veins and they were bl-black." Kate said while sobbing.

"Kate calm down, where are you?" Elena asked calmly.

"I'm by a g-gas station by that pastry pl-place we went to when we first met."

" alright I'll be there soon to pick you up ok."
Kate was shaking, she saw something's on the job by that was normal and Kate hated things she didn't understand and with everything going on she didn't know who to trust. She came to the conclusion that Elena was the best option considering all the weird behavior she hadn't notice before.

All directed at the Mikaelsons. The dirty looks, the side comments that came off as passive aggressive and not so subtly trying to pull Kate away with excuses to go with her.

Elena knew something and Kate wanted answers.

Kate kept thinking back to one of her jobs that she did. She was infiltrating a trafficking ring. She was one of the workers and she was supposed find out how the leader was able to keep the cops of him for so many years. She moved up the latter quickly and became his right hand girl for any important clients. She played the role well. The last night she was there she was search through his files so she could pin him and lock him up, but then she was caught.
He rushed her and had her pinned tot he wall and she couldn't move.
"So what was it you were doing darling." He asked her she remembered.

He walked over and looked at the files on the desk and turned back to her rage clear on his face. The first thing she noticed was the black eyes and veins underneath before he strikes. He bit her she couldn't get out because of how strong he was. He stabbed her multiple times and bruised her arms from his grip. That was the last thing she remembered before waking up in the hospital a day later.

The experience was so traumatizing for Kate that her mind blocked it out trying to protect and erase it from her memory. She hadn't remembered the incident until she saw Finn's face change.

Kate was so lost her thoughts that she hadn't notice Finn approach her.

She heard a throat clear and heard the voice of her partner,"Kate I think we should talk."

Kate's head snapped up and she quickly stood up and backed up.

"Talk about what Finn. The speed you moved wasn't normal and neither was the whole face thing so so just stay away from me. And same with the rest of you. Elena was trying to warn me and I just brushed her off."
Kate said frustrated and a little shaky.

Finn stepped closer,"Kate please let me explain."
Kate stepped back and said,"don't take another step Finn."

Finn didn't listen desperately trying to get to her, to help her understand as he didn't want to loose his mate.

"You heard her back off," Damon said as he approached Elena close behind. Elena quickly rushed over to Kate wrapping her arms around the girl who was still shaking.

Finn was getting angry that this young vampire was blocking his way to his mate.
"Stay out of it Salvatore or you'll regret it." Finn threatened.

Damon stood in front of the two girls. He turned and gave Elena a look. Elena nodded and guided Kate to the car.

Damon looked back at Finn and said,"Once we're done telling her the true she's going to hate you and your family. So hopefully you enjoyed your last moments with her while you could. It's only a matter of time before she hates enough to break your bond and it eventually kills you."

Finn growled and Damon was gone with the two girls.

Finn headed back to the new mikaelson house with terrible news.