Volume 2 - Chapter 15

Ayanokouji's POV

Dusting off my shoes on the welcome doormat, I entered my dorm room and kicked off my shoes to a corner. I walked to my bed and took off my socks before tossing them into my laundry basket, rubbing my feet after doing so to ease the soreness. "Ha..." I sighed in disappointment, "I guess I really am far from my prime." The lactic acid that had built up in my muscles brought about an unpleasant, yet still bearable soreness. No matter. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed the number for Petit Caprice. After a few rings, they had picked up the call.

{Hello, this is Petit Caprice, how may I help you?}

"Hello, this is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Are there any private rooms available for reservation for two at 7:00 pm, or have they all been reserved already?" It would honestly be lucky if I could successfully make this reservation.

{There is no problem, sir. We aren't booked. Have a great night!}

"Thank you," I replied as I hung up my phone. As the muscle soreness from earlier subsided, I started stripping off my clothes, throwing them in the laundry basket, and taking out a bath towel that I placed in the basket in the bathroom. I stepped into my bathtub and turned on the shower, warm water running from the showerhead onto my body. I rinsed off the excess sweat and grime from my body.

After I washed my hair with shampoo and conditioner and scrubbed my body with scented soap, I rinsed my head and body off once again before I turned the knob to ice-cold. I thought it would be best to try to somewhat imitate the White Room conditions to elicit a nostalgic atmosphere as I prepared to maintain my physical condition as much as possible. It would be impossible to return to my prime with the resources available to me. I gave an involuntary shiver every now and then as the water ran down my body. I shut off the shower and immediately started drying myself off with the bath towel, applying lotion after I finished.

Having completely dried myself off, I stepped into the room without a fresh towel covering my lower half. I scanned the room and sighed in relief. No one else was in the room aside from me. It would be kind of scary if someone was there, sitting on my bed or at the dining table.

I made a beeline for my dresser and closet, putting on my underwear, ironing my dress slacks, and my button-down oxford shirt before putting them on. I fastened my trousers with a belt and threw on my navy-colored blazer before I heard a knock at the door.

*knock* *knock*

I made a beeline for the door and promptly opened it to reveal Yuki, clad in a gorgeous indigo-colored dress that brought out the vividness of her amethyst eyes and complemented her violet tresses that were tied up in a braided crown. The rosiness of her cheeks brought some warmth to her beautiful pale skin, and her nude-colored lips looked so enticing. I could tell she was appraising me, but I hadn't fixed my hair or put on my tie yet. Hm, how to distract her...

"Taidama, Yuki," I gave her a small smile before letting her in, "Aren't you stunning."

"Okaeri, Kiyotaka," she gave me a sweet smile in response, "You look like a mess." Just like that, her words pierced through my soul like an arrow. You dare use my own tactics against me, Yuki? I am the White Room's Master— oh wait, I retired.

On the backfoot, I made a defensive maneuver, "Well, you're rather early. Were you that excited to go on a date with me?"

That did it. Her rosy cheeks took on a deeper crimson color and I could see her repeatedly mouthing the word 'date'. I had succeeded in reversing her reversal. I led her to my bed and I took the chance to head to the bathroom to fix my hair into a comb-over that I styled with pomade. I exited the bathroom and went to my closet to take my tie off the tie rack. While I knew how to knot my tie, I decided to wordlessly bring it to Yuki, who had long since snapped out of her stupor.