Chapter 1

Peter's Pov

I ran into the university exhausted from being fired and almost being fired at the bugle. I ran until someone knocked the books out of my hands. I picked up all of my books then bumped into two familiar faces.

"Doctor Conners! Y/N.. Sorry." Doctor Conners lifts his brow "Where were you headed parker?" "To your class," I say out of breath from running and bending down.

He rolls his eyes "My class is over. See me and Y/N standing here?" I sigh "I'm sorry. I'm trying. I wanna be here."

Doctor Conners scoffs "Then be here. Look at you Peter, your grades have been steadily declining, you're late for class, you always appear exhausted. Your paper on fusion is still overdue."

I nod "I know, I was planning to write it on Doctor Octavius." Y/N chuckles before Doctor Conners clears his throat "Planning is not a major at this university. Anyways, your friend Y/N here also did their paper on Octavius. He's a friend of mine, Parker. So do your research. Get it done, or I'm failing you."

As Doctor Conners walked away Y/N slipped their hand into mine "Stop being late peter. I only took this course to be with you. You know I know all of that stuff already!" I sigh "I'm sorry Y/N, I'm trying. I'll be here next time alright?" They smile, pulling me into a sweet kiss.

Y/N M/N L/N, my lovely partner. We met right after I rejected Mary Jane and I clicked! They've been my lovely partner for almost a year now. They were a child prodigy, they finished school at the age of 12 and college at the age of 15. Now they were back at 21, just so I could have some company in physics lessons they were already advanced in. And I had been leaving them alone in the boring classroom for too long. I promised myself I would do my paper and make it to my lessons on time.

I gave them a kiss on the cheek before smiling, they smiled back "Why don't we go visit Aunt May?" I kissed them again. "Sounds lovely N/N."

Y/N's PoV

We got to Aunt May's and I pushed him through the door and everyone yelled "SURPRISE!" I noticed MJ was here and I growled a little, I knew Peter still loved her. I was a rebound. But I wouldn't let that stop me from making her jealous.

"What's the occasion?" Peter turned back to me and I gave him a quick kiss "It's your birthday silly!" May gives us some cheek kisses and Peter talks to MJ.

Harry was talking to Peter about meeting Octavius, then he brought up MJ "I don't really have time for that commitment right now. Uh kinda busy." Harry and I scoff "Taking pictures of your friend?" I then butt in "So you don't have time for me then Peter?" he turned to me with a sad face and realised I had heard everything. My phone rang conveniently, I needed a reason to leave. "Happy birthday peter. I'm going to take this and leave." I point to my phone "Bye harry." I nod at him "Bye MJ! Bye Aunt May!" May comes out quickly with a piece of cake "Take this with you." She kisses me on the cheek "Goodbye dear."

I put the cake in my bag and walked outside calling my boss back "Hey, sorry I was at a small party. You need me at the lab? Alright I'll be there in a few. Yes yes I know. Love you too. Bye bye boss." I heard a chuckle behind me, I turned to see Harry. "Do bosses and employees usually say 'I love you' to each other?" I roll my eyes "What's the problem?" he tilts his head "You better not be cheating on peter." I scoff "Seriously?! All he does is talk about MJ! MJ! MJ! Oh Mary Jane got into this play MJ this MJ that. Never. Oh hey did you know my partner graduated college at 15 and came back because I didn't want to be alone in class! Or that my partner Y/N manages a well paying job while I run around taking pictures of spiderman! And getting fired from real jobs because I can never show up on time! Or that he ditches every one of our dates to go talk to MJ or to do secret stuff. So don't you dare tell me what to do osborn. I miss your father. He understood me, my experiments."

I bare my sharp teeth at Harry "Goodnight Harry."

I threw my bag on my seat and drove to work. I had no intention of leaving.