Chapter 4

Y/N's PoV

When we arrived at the hospital they had to drag me out of the operating room. They were going to kill him! After a few minutes I heard screaming and ran in. The actuators were attacking the doctors and nurses. One spotted me and came over slowly "Hey, I'm no threat. I just want to make sure he's alright. Is that okay?" It's bright red dot stared at me for a moment before clicking and nodding, allowing me to run to Otto's side.

Once all the doctors were down I went to remove Otto's blindfold but one of the actuators whirred at me "I mean no harm. I love him." They all nodded and clicked and I removed his blindfold. He sat up slowly and howled in pain, the actuators went for me before he cut them off with a loud noise. "No harm is to come to Y/N," he told them. I helped him up and we staggered out of the hospital together. I hadn't slept in a while and we had both been hit by the blast, so it was a shock then a car came barreling towards us. We braced but the actuators caught the car and threw it into another, smashing the windshield and most likely killing the person/people inside.

We heard the police coming so the actuators picked me up and carried us back to the old lab. Where the accident happened. Where Rosie died.

Otto takes me inside and finds the ruins of a bed "You should sleep, I know you've been taking care of me. I'm very grateful to have you." He kissed my forehead "You sleep too." I whined "Darling- The actuators..." He motions to the chattering metal limbs "Hey guys? Could you let Otto and I sleep please?" They nodded and started to whine down, "thank you" I smiled at them and they clatter back. I curled up into Otto's chest and fell asleep.

I awoke to an empty bed, I got up slowly walking over to him and hugging him from behind "My Rosie's dead." He said sadly looking down at me "My dream is dead." He looks up at the actuators "And these... monstrous things should be at the bottom of the river... along with me." He sighs and I hug him tighter "No don't leave... I'm sorry.." He looks down at me sadly "I won't leave. I promise." he stops for a moment "Something.. In my head. Something talking. The inhibitor chip! Gone..." I hold my arms up and cup his face stroking his cheeks as he listens to his new friends. "Rebuild?" He pauses "No." He sighs "Otto?" "Peter was right... I miscalculated." I give him a quick his and he looks down at me with manic happiness in his eyes "I couldn't have miscalculated. It was working wasn't it?" He brushes past me "That's true!" I cheer. He turns around to me using the actuators to move around. He cups my face like I did his a minute ago "We could rebuild. Enlarge the containment field." Two actuators pick me up off the ground and Otto smiles at me again "Make it bigger and stronger than ever!" The actuators put me down as he goes to ponder by himself. I follow him anyway and see him talking to the actuators. "We need money." chittering "Steal it? No, I'm not a criminal." more whirring and some beeps "That's right. The real crime would be to not finish what we started." He turns to me and we smile at each other insanely as the actuators lift him from the ground "The power of the sun! In the palm of our hands." He holds his hand out for me and I take it giggling evilly "Nothing will stand in our way, nothing!"