Chapter 2

The next day while you were doing your chores all you could think about was Antonio's gift ceremony that night, you were practically jumping with excitement.

When the time to get ready came you ran to your room and got your dress out of your closet.

Looks like this^
If you don't like it you can imagine a different dress

As we neared the entrance of the casita I saw Camilo shapeshifting into different people to greet them, and I smiled to myself.

When we got to the entrance Camilo didn't shapeshift. He just hugged me and whispered in my ear, " hello Hermosa" I nodded and hurried away blushing.

I bet he said that to every girl, but I couldn't help but feel a little special.

While waiting for the ceremony to start Dolores approached me, " looks like someone likes my little brother" she teased I just blushed, thank goodness it was not day. " I'm just teasing," she said.

Just then everyone stopped talking, Abuela entered the room. Then she started her speech " 50 years ago I was blessed with a gift, a miracle, it is now time for Antonio to receive his gift" she said solemnly (I know this isn't the actual speech) the curtain opened and revealed a very scared Antonio.

Casita gave him a nudge towards Abuela but he stayed where he was, and gestured to the side where Mirabel was and held out his hand, "I can't" she said " but I need you!" Antonio pleaded. Mirabel stepped out and the audience gasped.

When Antonio reached for the door animals started surrounding him, a toucan landed on his shoulder and Antonio was nodding his head " uh huh, uh huh I understand you" Antonio said excitedly.

" Everyone, we have been blessed with a new gift," abuela said.

The madrigals all went into Antonio's new room and took a family photo.

I saw Mirabel standing outside the room with her head peeking in the room. I ran to her happily.

I saw her face drop when she saw her family taking a photo without her. "I'm fine," she said as I approached her.

We decided to go to Mirabel's room. After some time of talking and catching up I hear someone call my name.

"Y/n, y/n, Y/N!!" I heard someone call, "oh, that's probably one of my parents or my brother calling me to go home, bye!" I say as I head out of the room. It turns out it wasn't one of my family members.

When I step out of Mirabel's room I see my parents and brother still in Antonio's new room, "I'm imagining things" I said to myself and decided to head back to Mirabel's room.

As I'm about to step into her room someone pulls me by the shoulder.

I turn around and see a yellow ruana disappear around a corner.

Of course I knew who it was but I was confused that they would pull me by the shoulder and decide to disappear. He was probably tricking me.