~Chapter 1~

Marylin lived with her mom, she had no father, death snatched him from her when she was just eight years old . It was a tragic experience. She lived with her mother as her last hope in life.

Mrs Williams, Marylin's mother, loved and cherished Marylin so very much. Marylin was her only child and her only source of joy. They had an intense mother and child kind of bond.

"Mom, I'm set for school." Marylin said to her mom. "Okay sweetie, you can go to the car, I'll be with you shortly." Her mom replied . "Okay Mom", Marylin said and made her way to the car. Shortly thereafter, her mom, Mrs Williams, joined her in the car and they left for Marylin's school. On their way, Marylin noticed two vehicles moving at great speed, it was clear to her that one vehicle was after the other. She became curious and asked her mom about it. "Mom, did you notice those two vehicles that zoomed past us? Marylin asked. "Yes hun, I did. The vehicle behind won't quit the pursuit anytime soon." Mrs Williams replied. "But why Mom? Confused Marylin asked. "Its called Road Rage." Mrs Williams answered. "Road rage?" Marylin asked again. "Yes, it's an uncontrollable aggressive behaviour by the driver of a vehicle, especially when caused by stress or frustration." Mrs Williams explained. "So could it be that the driver being chased got the other driver upset to trigger this?" Marylin asked. "Yes and if the frustrated driver doesn't end the pursuit, it'll result in the death of the other driver." Mrs Williams concluded. "Unbelievable! This shouldn't be." Marylin exclaimed.

They arrived at Marylin's school and she alighted the car. "I'll be early enough today." Mrs Williams assured Marylin. "Okay Mom, bye." Marylin said. "Love you sweetie." Said Mrs Williams. "Love you too Mom." Marylin replied and her mother drove off.

**After school**

"Mom promised she'd be early today, now she's late, she's not here yet." Marylin lamented as she sat in the school premises waiting for her mom to come pick her up. Few minutes later, the principal, Mrs McCall, called Marylin into the office. "Marylin, your mom called to say she won't be able to make it here, so I'll take you home myself." The principal said. "Okay ma'am. It's fine." Marylin responded and they made their way out of the school. Mrs McCall parked her car as they arrived at Marylin's house. They went in and Marylin offered her principal a seat. "Marylin, I hate to break this to you, you should know the reason why your Mom couldn't come pick you up ." Mrs McCall said slowly. "Ma'am, is there a problem?" Marylin asked looking worried. The principal kept quiet for a while and said," Your Mom's gone." She placed her hand on Marylin's shoulders as she said this. "You mean my mom's dead?" Marylin asked in shock. "Yes, you're right. I'm sorry." The principal said with empathy. Marylin burst into tears. "How did it happen?" Marylin asked, sobbing. "The doctor was told she was a victim of road rage." The principal answered. Marylin immediately had a flashback of what occurred on their way to school but she wasn't able to utter a word. The principal consoled her with soothing words of comfort. She made Marylin something to eat and shortly after, Marylin went to bed. The principal phoned her husband. "Hello sweetie, I'll be sleeping over at Mrs Williams'." She said. "Oh, alright. Is there a problem?" Her husband asked. "I'll tell you about it tomorrow." She assured. "Okay hun, have a good night rest. I love you." He wishes her goodnight. "Night night. Love you too." She responded and hung up after which she went to join Marylin in bed.

*****What's next? What will become of Marylin? Find out what happens in the next part*****