Chapter 4: My Pretty Lady

Serina sports a cap and sunglasses as she sits on a plane

Serina sports a cap and sunglasses as she sits on a plane. She would've preferred to have taken her private jet but she didn't travel to Vegas alone so she left it so her team could get back to LA. A cap doesn't seem like the best disguise but it worked for Joe Goldberg so why shouldn't it work for her? She can't stop thinking about the crisis at hand. Why does it have to take death to get the family back together? Why does it have to be Ajak's death? Serina still can't wrap her head around the fact that she's on her way to fetch the rest of the Eternals. She's excited yet nervous to see them all again... especially him.

{☁︎}

575 BC - Babylon

After defeating the last Deviant, Serina remembers the meeting with the thinkers of the group. "Oh, shit," she mumbles. "Well, like always, this was fun but I gotta go... um, Ikaris?" she announces, catching the man's attention. "Can you...?" she trails off, pointing at the deceased Deviant laying in front of the Ishtar Gate.

"Oh, right," he voices before flying over the creature and using his strength to drag it away from the door.

"Thanks, man!" she calls to him as she meanders around the monster and approaches the gate. She pulls one of the doors open and runs inside, sprinting through the city in the direction of the Domo. She screeches to a stop, however, when she spots a fruit stand. She buys a bag of plums before taking off again. She reaches her destination rather quickly and boards the ship, heading straight to Phastos's lab. "I'm here! I'm here!" she announces as she runs in.

"Ah, there you are," Ajak voices. "Now we just need Sersi. You two are always late."

Serina makes a weird face as she strides over to Druig by the window. "Pfft. I don't know about Sersi, but I was working. That last Deviant didn't want to go down so easily. I should be getting paid for this," she remarks as she opens her bag and takes out a plum. "Here," she voices, handing it to the boy. Of course he's already eating something, she thinks as she watches him chew his snack.

Druig hops down from the window and looks down at the plum in his hand before flickering his eyes up to the girl, shooting her a charming smile. His heart flutters when he realizes that she bought the fruit because she knows how much he loves to eat.