Meet and greet

Jarvis let me in the gates. I had forgotten my necklace the other night and wanted it back. I walked inside despite his protests and made my way towards Howard's room.

"But miss y/l/n this isn't a good time-"

"I'll just be a minute."

"Mr. Stark is very busy and-"

"I'll just grab it and leave."

"Miss Mason he has a guest."
Oh
"Oh, well then I'll just wait till he's done."
I sat down on a stool in the kitchen and tapped my nails on the marble counter. I've said before that it didn't bother me. I meant it.

"Well would you like some tea while you wait?"

"Bourbon?" Ok maybe it bothered me a little bit.
Jarvis poured me a glass. I waited, and waited, and waited. It's a miracle he's lasting this long. Finally I heard the clicking of heels from down the hall. A disheveled looking woman emerged into the kitchen. She frowned when she saw me. Then she was enraged.

"Are you kidding me?!, Your Y/n then right?...."

She bit her lip and shook her head. I scrunched my brows in confusion. Why would she know that?

"Well you know your boyfriend must miss you. (She scoffed) he kept calling me by your name!"

I almost choked on my drink laughing as the lady stormed out. Seconds later Howard strolled in wearing just his robe.

"What's all the yelling Jarvis?.." she was a cranky one wasn't-"

He finally discovered my presence at the counter. I raised my glass at him as if to toast then drank the rest quickly.

"Hi honey." I said to him with a smile. He tried to hide his confusion that quickly turned to frustration. He wanted me to be jealous. My interaction with his guest however only made me feel more secure.

No matter how many women he had.  Their size, age. He would always compare them to me. I had a hold on him. He didn't like that, but he couldn't escape. I think that's why he won't commit. He's scared of how much power I have over him. So he keeps looking, for someone he can control. That's what he thinks he wants.

He looked to Jarvis then back at me.
"I didn't know you were here....."

"I just forgot my necklace, the pearl one."

"Of course darling let's go find it."
He led me back to his room to look.