Trials in the Toy Box

After saving Mario from the dastardly Tubba Blubba, our heroes began to chase after the Shy Guys to their toy box. What lay inside the box was anyone's guess. Was the toy ox filled with fun, joy, and laughter? Or perhaps anyone's nightmare? To save the Star Spirit, they would need to take on new trials.

Inside Shy Guy's Toy Box, was a new land. With pink and yellow tiles for the floor and cartoonish drawings of flowers and smiley faces. There was even a clock tower and a train station. But there was no train and parts of the tracks were broken. Upon entering the toy box, Mario and Co. managed to stick the landing.

"Wow, this place sure looks fun," said Goombario, looking around.

"Everything is not what it seems," Mario said, "So be on your guard."

"What happened to the railroad?" Parakarry questioned as he examined the tracks.

"Don't know, most likely the Shy Guys broke it to keep people from getting around," said Luigi.

"But there's no train there either," Bow added.

Seeing what Bow was talking about, they decided to talk to the conductor. They also noticed a sign that showed what station they were at. Right now, the arrow pointing to the blue circle meant they were at the blue station.

"Do you know what happened to the train?" Mario asked the conductor.

"I haven't the foggiest clue!" the conductor replied, "We had the tracks and stations ready, but the train just vanished!"

"Maybe if it ended up outside the toy box, we can get it back," said Kooper.

"Hey listen, if you can find the train. I'd appreciate it."

"Of course. We'll see what we can do," Mario told the conductor.

Mario and Co. began to search the toy box for the stolen goods and the train. They started by going the right way. As they did, Kammy was busy placing the foes that'll stand in Mario's way. She spawned a Clubba in front of the first treasure chest.

"You know what to do?" Kammy asked the Clubba.

"Yes, ma'am! They won't stand a chance against me!" said the Clubba as Kammy flew off to another treasure chest.

The path on the right was mixed with fun and seriousness with the amount of Shy Guys and Sky Guys patrolling the area. But they were no match for Mario and Co. They also jumped on big jack-in-the-boxes that sprung them over and onto the walls. They then encountered some empty dollhouses, one of them had an open doorway. they climb to the top of the dollhouses and Parakarry and bow helped them get across the rooftops to the other side of a wall they couldn't jump. Once they saw the treasure chest, the Clubba woke up from its slumber.

"Don't come any closer! Either of you!" the Clubba threatened.

"Me and the others dealt with these guys at Tubba Blubba's castle before," Luigi told Mario before activating the Star Power 'Lullaby', putting the Clubba to sleep.

With the Clubba asleep, Parakarry lifted it set it down in an empty present box, and put the lid on top. Opening the chest, they found the storage key that the store owner was missing. Before they went back to Toad Town, they went down the left path where they also faced some Groove Guys that tried to make the septet dizzy. Soon, they stumbled upon a Shy Guy playground that included some rocking horses, slides, and swings.

"Never knew Shy Guys enjoying being kids," Mario said.

"Guys. I think I can see Merlon's crystal ball," Parakarry chimed in.

Sure enough, he was right. Two Shy guys were using the crystal ball and throwing it around like a sports ball. Bow tried to snatch it while they were distracted, but one of them spotted Mario and Co. and signaled the rest for an ambush. Bow was at least quick enough to grab the crystal ball and give the Shy Guys a good jumpscare before they could land any hits.

"I'd say we get the crystal ball and key back to their owners before we explore more of the toy box," Bow suggested.

"Good idea, Bow," said Mario.

The septet went back to the entrance of the toy box and returned to the outside world. The first thing they did was give the crystal ball back to Merlon.

"Oh, thank you, My friends!" Merlon exclaimed, "Those Shy Guys are rambunctious!"

"They sure are, take care," said Mario.

After that, they went to the shop next to the abandoned building and returned the storeroom key.

"Alright, Mario!" You did it!" he exclaimed, "You got my storeroom key!"

"Tell you what. Take anything you like from the storeroom. Just a little thank you for getting my storeroom key back," the shop owner said unlocking the storage door.

"Well, thank you," said Mario, and they went in back.

In the storage room, they found a mini toy train, a Thunder Rage, some Repel Gel, and an Ice Flower.

"This must be the train the conductor needs," Bombette said inspecting the train.

They took the train as well as the other items, just in case they need them. Before they went back into the toy box, Mario opened the lid and dropped the train inside. When they jumped into the toy box, they could see the conductor jumping for joy.

"You did it, guys! We're officially back in business!" the conductor cried, "Unfortunately, the tracks were broken, so right now we can take you guys to the Pink Station."

"Then that's where we'll go first," said Mario.

The septet got on the train and they went to the Pink Station in hopes of recovering more of the stolen goods from Toad Town.

*****************************************

End of chapter!