Jr. Troopa's Final Brawl

First Watt, Sushie, and Lakilester. Now Parakarry and Lady Bow were lost in the halls of Bowser's Castle. Could they ever be seen again? But without half of the Children of the Stars, could Mario and Luigi stand a chance against Bowser? All they could do was plod forward with every step.

Mario and Co. had stumbled outside on one of the lookout points of Bowser's castle. As they went for the door at the top of the left side, Luigi and Goombario could see Mario going slower than usual.

"Mario... I know you wanted to do something about saving them," Luigi said.

"But if I didn't jinx it the first time..." Mario said.

"Mario, listen. I know it's hard to lose them. I was really scared that your game ended before we started this adventure."

"I was worried that your game could end too, Mario," Goombario added.

"When we first started this journey. You saw potential in not just me, but everyone that we met. I know it's hard to leave them behind. But they would want us to finish what we set out to do."

Mario was on the verge of breaking point but felt better after hearing Luigi and Goombario's words.

"Thank you guys," he said, "Now let's take back the Star Rod!"

"There's the Mario we know!" Kooper and Bombette called out.

In the next foyer, the quintet did the same thing and went downstairs first. That was when they found the third dungeon. Bombette quietly walked up to the Koopatrol and blew him up, dropping the key. Freeing the Toads and Bumpty, they quickly ran to the docks before the guards came.

Now upstairs, the quintet went to the right and found some colored bricks. Across the top, was another castle key.

"Just how many of these keys are scattered?" Bombette wondered.

"Honestly, Bombette. Your guess is as good as mine," Mario responded.

Using the key on the door next to the stairs. In there, they found six blue ember flames on the wall. The first, fourth, and sixth were on the top and the second, third, and fifth were on the bottom. Realizing it as some puzzle, Mario told the others to remember the pattern. It took a few tries, but they eventually made it and entered a long hall.

The quintet had to battle more Koopatrols, Hammer Bros., and Magikoopas. At the next hall, Mario thought he was seeing things. To his surprise, it was Princess Peach.

"Princess!" he cried out.

"Mario! You came to rescue me!" Peach said happily, Thank you so much!"

"Wait, but how did you escape Bowser, Peach?" Luigi asked feeling suspicious.

"Oh, I just saw a chance to flee and ran!" she replied, "Let's just hurry up and go home."

"Peach, I know we just saved you. But me, Luigi, and our friends need to fight him to get the Star Rod," Mario explained.

"But I need you if Bowser gets me!" Peach exclaimed, she then quickly grabbed Mario's arm.

"Ow! Peach, what're you doing?!"

"I need you!"

"Wait, you're not Princess Peach. Aren't you?" Kooper asked, starting to catch on.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Peach said.

"Of course, you don't. You're just another Duplighost."

Kooper did Shell Toss and hit 'Peach'. Before Mario could ask why Peach turned into a Duplighost.

"Aw, shoot! I wonder how you saw through my disguise... It was perfect..." said the Duplighost.

"Take it from someone that got taken for an imposter twice!" Kooper said.

The Duplighost called out three more of his friends and they fought Mario and Co. But the heroes had no trouble with them, as they used Muskular's 'Chill Out' and Skolar's 'Star Storm' to turn the tide.

The next room had what looked like the last Guard Door. Mario and friends approached it, ready for its final challenge.

"Bleeeaaarrgggghhh! How in the world did you make it this far in the castle?" the Guard Door questioned.

"We have our ways," Luigi responded.

"Well congratulations, but this is the end of your games, I'm afraid. I've got much better defenses than those other Guard Doors do. Your luck has just run out!"

"Well, we're ready!" Mario said, "Bring it!"

"I will! Come on out, kid!"

To Mario and Co.'s shock, Jr. Troopa came in and readied himself.

"Jr. Troopa?!" Mario and Goombario said in unison.

"That's right! You're all mine this time!" Jr. Troopa said, "Do you know how painful it is to get thawed out of ice?!"

"Well, you should've thought of a better place to fight us than in the snow!" Kooper replied.

"No matter, today, at long last, I'll settle my score with you, Mario!"

"All this... over the playground?" Mario questioned.

"Don't even go there!" Jr. Troopa retorted, "This time, only one of us is walking out, alive!"

The quintet knew that was the only way out of this and ready for their last fight with Jr. Troopa. Mario and Luigi sycronized jumps on him. Goombario began to Charge up and Multibonked his village bully.

Jr. Troopa went into the air and dive bombed Mario. He then also targeted Goombario too, but the Goomba dodged in time.

Kooper then performed Dizzy Shell, making Jr. Troopa dizzy. Bombette took the opprtunity and blew herself up next to him.

Jr. Troopa then pulled out his wand and fired spells at the heroes. This time however, Mario and Co. managed to avoid the spells.

Mario swung his hammer at Jr. Troopa, making him drop his wand. Luigi then performed a Super Ground-Pound, knocking Jr. Troopa out.

"Had enough, Egg Head?" Goombario teased.

"Darn it!" Jr. Troopa cried but then snickered, "I may have lost. But I'll get the last laugh!"

Before anyone could react, Jr. Troopa activated a trapdoor on himself and the quintet.

"If I'm going down, I'm taking you and your brother with me, Mario!"

"No, just me!" Luigi pushed Mario out of the trapdoor.

"And us, too!" Kooper and Bombette cominded their strength and got Goombario out of the way as well.

"Luigi! Noooooooo!" Mario cried.

"They're gone..." said Goombario.

"Ok, I wasn't expecting that trick," the Guard Door admitted, "So... guess you two can go through and get the honor dieing before King Bowser."

The Gaurd Door let Mario and Goombario through to battle Bowser. As they walked, Mario thought. Could their friends still be alive?

************************************************

End of chapter!