chapt 17

Gimme your thoughts
_____________________________

Around 7am my alarm goes off like normal, I tiredly sit up and look around with my head pounding. I look beside me seeing eli laying on his stomach with his head facing the other way.

Instead of waking him up I leave him be and wonder into the kitchen. I make a pot of coffee and sit at the island enjoying a cup while looking at my phone.

Once I'm done I make some eggs and toast, while I'm buttering the toast i hear foot steps behind me and then I feel an arm around my waist. "Good morning" he whispers.

"Morning" I whisper. He let's go of my waist and poors himself a cub of coffee. "Here's some eggs and toast" I say handing him the plate. "Thanks" he says.

He sits at the island and I stand against the counter eating in slightly awkward silence. "So last night" he starts. I put my plate in the sink after rinsing it and turn towards him "it was nice" I respond.

We talk for a little bit before my phone buzzes, a text from claire letting me know she's on her way home. "Shit uh Claire's on her way here" I say. "Oh uh should I go?" He asks.

Not wanting to explain what's going on to Claire I nod "yeah, maybe keep this lowkey" I reply. "Like a sneaky link type thing?" He asks. I laugh slightly "uh sure if that's what you want to call it" I say.

He chuckles pulling me close "okay so when are you free?" He asks. "Next weekend" I whisper. "You're busy with the school still?" He asks. I nod "yeah, summer's coming up soon" I say.

After our intimate moment he grabs his things and leaves in an uber. I quickly get ready to go into the school, leia said it was fine if I'm not there before class starts.

Claire gets home and has a box of tests "this could change everything" she whispers staring at it. "Want me to stay?" I ask. "Please" she says. I nod and stay until the results are back.

After she pees on it she sets a timer and then paces around the kitchen while we wait for it to go off. "I dont know what I'm going to do if it's positive" she repeats. "Tell Joseph and then decide from there" I say trying to give my advice.

It goes off and she stares at me with owl eyes. "I can't look" she says holding it towards me. I grab it and look. Positive. "Its negative" I lie. She looks at me relieved but also saddened "really?" She asks. "Nah you're pregnant" I say handing it over and taking a sip of my coffee.

"Why did you lie?" She asks. "To see your true feelings" I say smirking. She rolls her eyes "well now I've gotta tell Joseph" she says sighing. "Its okay take your time" I tell her.

I leave to the school a few minutes later and it all goes smoothly. The kids are calm today and listening perfectly, leia let me teach them a little bit today which was so fun. I'm looking forward to being an actual teacher.

Claire texts me while I'm in the car letting me know that she got sick so I've gotta go in for her. I change where I'm going and go to the coffee shop, viola, eli and Harrison look confused when they see me.

"Claire's sick so I'm here, Harrison go home" I say. He grabs his stuff "have a good night I'll ya later" he says leaving the shop. It's been awhile since I've worked with viola so I'm interested to see how far she's come with making coffees.

A couple hours go by and customers come in and out, viola is doing really good and eli has gotten better as well. "You've been gone a lot kai" she points out. "Yeah I uh started student teaching so I'm here after I'm done at the school or on weekends" I reply.

She smiles nodding "that's awesome glad you're perusing your dreams" she says. "Thank you, you've gotten better at latte art it's nice seeing the improvement" I reply. Eli stands there quietly "and you've improved too eli" I say.

He smiles "thank you" he says. Viola decides to start sweeping so she grabs the broom and dust pan from the back. I turn towards eli and he pulls me close "I've wanted to hug you since you came in" he says.

I giggle and hug him tightly "if she comes in act like we're dancing" I whisper. I feel his chest rise as he chuckles "Okay" he says.

We both hear footsteps then we quickly act like we were dancing. Viola doesn't say anything or really notice.

About an hour before close viola gets a phone call and has to rush out. I let her know that it's fine and she'll still get that hour of pay.

Not many customers come in during the last hour so we dance around in behind the counter, we close up after cleaning everything up.

"Want a ride home?" I ask. "Sure" he says flicking the cigarette butt away. On the way to his apartment we sing together and just laugh.

I park outside and we sit talking for a bit. "Wanna make out?" I jokingly ask. He chuckles "sure" he says. I laugh and we start making out in the front of my car.

After getting tired of leaning in I climb over the middle and straddle his lap. "Go to the back or stay up here?" He asks breathlessly. "Just stay here" I whisper back lifting myself up and removing my pants.

He lifts himself up and moves his, I squat back down moaning slightly as he enters me. I move up and down while leaning my head against his, our heartbeats integrating together. The windows becoming foggy and my hand resting against the window beside me.

We finish up and he goes inside after zipping himself up. I drive home blasting music. Claire texts me telling me she told joseph and he's nervous but will be by her side no matter what.

I get home and go to sleep a few hours later after talking with claire for a little bit.

______________

A few weeks go by and summer comes fairly quick. Claire found out about eli and I so he comes over more when we were lowkey. We're planning on going to palm springs for a week coming up so it should be fun.

It comes up quickly, the four of us take claire's car to an airbnb in palm springs. Since she's pregnant she doesn't drink but the three of us do causing us to have a good time.

While we're playing pool claire kneels over clutching her stomach and I look over at her sobering up. "Claire are you okay?" I ask. She shakes her head "no I've been getting these cramps they're terrible" she says standing back up.

"Shit babe are you okay?" Joseph asks rushing over. Eli stops his shot and comes over to us. "It just passed again but I think I should get it looked at" she says.

Joseph ends up taking her to the nearest hospital, while they're gone eli and I put on music and dance around the kitchen drinking wine and enjoying ourselves but claire being in pain is still at the back of my head.

A few hours later they're still gone but I get a text from Joseph from her phone.

Claire - the babies gone :( dr just wants to make sure she's okay might have to stay the night

I sigh showing it to eli and he rubs his forehead "that's rough" he says. I nod in agreement and rest my head on his shoulder.

They don't end up coming back until the afternoon of the next day. Eli and I end up making a big breakfast for them to come back to and we just stay calm for the day.

____________________________________

Ahhh hope you enjoyed :)

Vote
Comment
Follow me
Enjoy