Chapt 21

Sorry I've been gone my brain is all over the place and writers block has hit again but I'm gonna try :)
_____________________________

It's been a few days since I've seen shawn and we just haven't really talked either. I'm currently marking my students work while they're enjoying their lunch break.

My stomach growls so I grab the orange from my bag and start eating it. I'm not planning on staying here long after so I'll just grab something on my way home.

The bell rings right as I finish marking and eating the bag of candy I brought. I wait outside the room as the kids come in from outside and a few come from the cafeteria.

A couple hours go by and the final bell rings. I make sure they all have rides home before going back to the room and marking any work that was handed in during the last couple classes.

While I'm doing this my phone buzzes a couple times and I ignore it, it's probably claire telling me what her plans are for tonight. I'm guessing Joseph's coming over.

I finish up as soon as my stomach starts growling at me. Its 5 pm so I check my phone before driving anywhere.

Claire: he's coming over tonight, ordered a bunch of different foods theres enough for you as well

And my heart beat quickens and my face heats up nervously as I look at my other notifications.

@/sagetheleaf: hey I'm sorry for being distant I got scared if I'm being honest

Instead of swiping it away I reply with an 'it's ok'. I start driving home since Joseph likely picked her up from work. Since there's food there I head straight home and just sing along to songs on the radio.

Sage messages me again while I'm in the elevator going up to the apartment and I leave it for later. I walk in and they're in the living room watching tv and eating an assortment of finger foods.

After changing into something comfortable I plop on the floor and grab a paper plate before piling my plate full and then sitting in my spot.

I occasionally message sage while eating and watching the show before she goes to sleep. Feeling exhausted I crawl into bed just a few minutes before midnight. Sage messages me good morning right before I fall asleep.

My dreams consume me and my alarm wakes me up right at 6am. I make myself a coffee and do my morning routine. While making breakfast and dancing around the kitchen I check my phone for the first time since waking up.

@/sagetheleaf: I know I told you I was scared but tbh I still am, I don't want to do long distance I'm sorry

Sighing I shake my head exiting twitter and finishing up breakfast. Claire and Joseph come out and take whatevers left. "Good morning!" Claire cheers. "Morning" I whisper after swallowing.

They talk quietly and I finish eating before rushing off to the school. I see a couple students outside waiting and I quickly get to the class organizing and writing on the board.

By time I'm ready the bell goes and I rush out to greet them. A few moms talking to me about their kids and then leaving for work or wherever. I start class and naturally the day goes quicker than I want.

Claire was off today so she's at home and Joseph's at work. I stop off at chipotle and grab us some dinner and while I'm in line sage messages me good night. I let out a sigh of relief and move up.

We both get burrito bowls and tortillas on the side with chips and guac. I carry the big bag out to my car and drive home texting her that I'm bringing home chipotle.

Joseph goes to his place for the night so it's just us so we decide to do face masks after eating and we watch pretty women and a couple episodes of our show.

"Soooo has sage messaged you yet?" She asks. "Uh she actually messaged me, she told me she doesnt want to do long distance" I say. She shakes her head "you shouldn't be giving her the time of day you deserve so much better" she says. I nod sadly agreeing "I know" I whisper.

She pauses the show to give me some more advice and I try my best to absorb all of the info. "Do I tell her that she has to figure out if she wants to be with me or not? I'm honestly tired of the games" I ask. She nods "yeah" she says.

I write out a message to sage and let her read it before I re-read it and send it to her. She likely won't read it until I've gone to bed.

To sage: I understand the fear behind not wanting to do long distance but if you truely wanted to be with me you'd choose to ignore the fear

For the rest of the night my phone is completely muted so it won't buzz either and we watch tv for a bit before I start yawning. I hop in the shower before throwing on a tshirt and crawling in my bed.

I check phone for any notifications and there's nothing yet so I just go on tiktok scrolling through, liking and occasionally commenting on something.

Remembering that I have an actual job now and I need to be up at 6am I put my phone down and fall asleep. But as I'm sleeping a few things change.

@/sagetheleaf: please give me some time I know I want to be with you

From shawn: wanna hang this weekend? I wanna talk

___________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed this one! I know it was short but my head is starting to hurt and writers block is a bitch :) thank you for reading this chaotic mess

Vote
Comment
Follow me
Enjoy