Year Four

The Quidditch world cup. Madelena was so excited. She and Carlos were going with the Changs. Each carried a gift for their hosts with them as they looked for the Changs' tent. It had taken a lot to get their grandmother to agree to this. Including protective amulets both twins wore beneath their shirts.

"Which one is it, Lena?" Asked Carlos in spanish,

"The one with the tent."

"If I ever go missing I don't want you giving the description." Said Carlos as they searched, he stopped a random passed by, "Excuse me sir do you know where-" The man tugged his arm away and spat a slur.

"It's eight in the morning have some manners!" Called Maddie. Carlos huffed and Maddie stopped a woman with her two young children, "Hi, sorry to bother you do you know if there is like a tent directory, or-"

"Mummy I need to pee," Said the woman's child, tugging on her mum's arm. It was a winy little child covered in snot and clutching a stuffed bear.

"Sorry, Miss, no I don't."

"It's alright. I think bathrooms are just up ahead and-"

"Carlos, Maddie!" Called Cho. Maddie waved goodbye to the woman, and caught up to her brother.

"Chang, you need a more distinctive tent!" Said Carlos, walking over to her. Maddie followed close behind.

"Yes. And a map. To said tent." Said Maddie, and then she spotted Theodore Nott, or rather he had spotted her and she could feel his eyes on her. He was with a large group of tall men all clad in black, and he looked nice. Sombre and depressing. But nice.

"Madelena your boyfriend's here," Snickered Carlos, nudging her, and Maddie turned pink.

"He's not my- Cho how are you?" She asked, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible.

"Padma and Pavarti are already in the tent and they have been driving me mad." Said Cho, shaking her head. "My parents think I can only make friends in duplicate."

"You're really feeding into their expectations there, Chang." Said Carlos. The back of Maddie's neck prickled and she looked over her shoulder.

Theo was looking at her. His eyes widened a bit, and she waved. Theo was not the most expressive of people, but he looked like an actor in a horror movie. The one who could not act and had just found out what was happening. He looked horrified to see her here.

"Flirt later, Lena." Said Carlos, pulling Maddie into the tent.

"I wasn't-"

"Sure you weren't." Said Carlos, before they gave their gifts to their hosts and received a plethora of gratitude.

"Diggory is here." Said Cho excitedly, after popping her head out of the tent. "And he looks so handsome, and lovely, and- don't touch that." Said Cho, pulling Carlos from the kitchen.

"I don't think Diggory is that handsome." Said Carlos. "I mean, I don't live with the guy but we do share a common room. He is a slob."

"Diggory is handsome, Carlos," Said Maddie, sitting next to him on a couch in Cho's room in the tent. "When he looks into your eyes is like he is looking into your soul, and buying it a puppy."

"Exactly." Said Cho.

They headed to the game excitedly. Maddie had this massive smile on her face, and Cho was telling a string of jokes as her parents followed behind, Carlos had his arm hooked around Maddie's anxious about losing her.

Their grandmother had informed them that if one came home without the other there would be so much hell to pay.

They stopped at the snack stand.