3 in the knowing

"interesting name" pan said intrigued.
"how so?" i replied. he made an "idk" face, shrugged his shoulders and said, "it's an interesting name."

i looked at him a wee bit confused but didn't end up questioning him further. this is one strange boy. i am getting the feeling that i should start treading carefully around here.

"well i'm glad you found camp, and it's great conversing, but i'm starting to get bored. that being said, i think it's time to play a game. what do you think boys?"
the boys surrounding behind him cheered and whooped, throwing their fists in the air. the booming voices overwhelmed me and i started feeling uneasy. i didn't let it show though. the only thing showing on my face is a slight amused smirk.
"would you like to play, faye?" he questioned
i thought about it for a second then replied, "depends what ga-"
"you actually don't have a choice." he said with a smile and raised eyebrows. as if i was already supposed to know that. this little ass.
"....okay." i said unfazed. at this point, i know he is just trying to get a reaction out of me. but that was not going to happen. if he wants to play a game, then let's play a game.
"fantastic. we will be playing hide and seek. but before we carry out with our game, i will let you all have 10 minutes to plan ahead. in the mean time gather weapons, food, water. anything you need to survive through the night. felix, divide everyone into teams."

felix starts shifting everyone around and i'm stuck in my own head. i already have a few weapons of my own on me so i don't want to use any of the camp's weapons, i might not use them as well as my own due to the fact i'm not used to them.
felix nudges my shoulder, making me flinch
"you're with us" i nod my head and wait for pans next instruction.

a few minutes pass by and pan steps up on a rock. "felix's team will be the hiders, my team will be the seekers. the rules are simple: do not go into any body of water, feel free to injure one another to your advantage but no killing, and finally no alliances. hiders, your objective is to not be found until sunrise. seekers, find the hiders and bring them back to me. hiders, you have 5 minutes to find a hiding spot."
pan makes eye contact with every single lost boy. he makes eye contact with me then says, "go."

everyone scatters in different direction, and i decide to waste no time darting into the forest. i used my gut as my guide, and stayed on my toes. i have a very useful advantage in this game. well, a few, actually. i now how to be silent and i know how to climb trees.

my thinking was cut short when i heard rustling in the distance. i'm sure it's one of the hiders because it hasn't been 5 minutes, not that quick. i decided to climb in a super tall tree to be safe. i don't want to be one of the first ones out. i'm not sure if i ever want to be out. like i said, i'm starting to get second thoughts. however i know that i came here for a reason, and i'm not backing down.

i am sitting on a high branch when the rustling got closer and closer. almost too close. is some one climbing the tree?

i peek down and see a hood about 10 feet down. the person looks up and i see someone that i definitely do not get along with.

"felix" i whisper yelled. his eyes met mine and they widened. "get out this is my hiding space-"

"you get out brat." he whispered back "i was here first" i don't care if i sound like a little kid, i am winning this game. "you really get on my nerves you know" he said

"good to know the feeling is mutual." i said under my breath. he starts climbing down and immediately runs into one of the seekers.

"wellllll look who it is, my buddy felix." the list boy said. "kai, you know you don't want to make this difficult. walk away." felix said.

"did you forget im a seeker felix? i found you. and you're right, i don't want to make this difficult. so come back to camp with me, and things won't have to get messy-" before kai can finish his sentence, felix punches him. hard. kai falls to the floor and doesn't get up.

okay that was a little funny. i will definitely take note that kai is more bark than bite. felix then dashed into the forest. i assume to find a new hiding spot.