⇢ ˗ˏˋ twelve ࿐ྂ

you and me, always and forever.

comments are really appreciated on this chapter !!

when you open your eyes this morning, you realize not even a second later that hyouma is no longer lying next to you

still a bit drowsy, you run your hands over your face, you know that he is outside by the car, he wanted to look over it again, that's what he told you last night.

you get out of bed and get dressed, immediately noticing that he has apparently already taken your backpack. you're actually leaving today, packed the last things yesterday after yumi brought you your provisions from town.

you leave the room behind you and go down the stairs, noticing the silence that fills the house.

as you enter the kitchen, you already see a cup on the kitchen table and start to smile slightly. even now, yumi is kind enough to bring a cup of coffee for you, just like the previous morning.

taking the cup in your hand, you sit down, then look at the table as something begins to disturb you as you look at it.

straightening up, you look around, your hands clasp the lukewarm cup tighter and you draw your eyebrows together.

immediately nervousness spreads through your body and your hands begin to tremble. something doesn't fit into the picture, something makes you suspicious and you trust your instincts one hundred percent since they have been considerably intensified by the escape.

and then comes the moment of clarity, the scales fall from your eyes and you almost drop the cup.

the newspaper is missing.

the goddamn newspaper is not there.

every morning you studied it, making sure there was nothing about you and hyouma in it.

every morning yumi brought it to you from town.

but today it's missing. it's not there. but the cup is, which means yumi was already awake, but she's not here either.

immediately you jump up, run out of the kitchen. the blood rushes in your ears or is it your heartbeat that echoes like a loud drum in your ear, making you almost deaf?

your thoughts are a single chaos, you lose your mind in the panic.

but when you hear a voice muffled and barely audible from the room two doors down, you stop.

"yes, they are here. they both want to leave right now" you hear a familiar voice through the crack in the door and everything inside you collapses at that moment, you lose your composure, are too shocked by what you hear.

instinctively you run down the hallway to the front door.

all you can think about now is hyouma.

panicking, you yank open the door, looking around for him. your heart is racing unhealthily fast in your chest, you can't think straight, you feel dizzy. you feel like your legs are going to give out from under you at any moment, even though the adrenaline is burning like tinder in your body.