𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. marahuyo.

Chapter 8: a state of enchantment and attraction.

"I see forever in your eyes."

━━━━━━♡♥♡━━━━━━

Two weeks. That's how it's been for a long time since they kissed—well, make-out. Their marriage did change throughout the course of the weeks, which was wonderful for both of them.

Fun is a term that appears only once in a blue moon in their marriage. It's the first week of December, and the Christmas spirit is already in the air.

"Darling," Harry said as he knocked on their bathroom door. "Are you ready?"

It's a Saturday night, and Harry has decided to take her out for dinner to make up for lost time. He was aware that their anniversaries had been a failure, and he intended to make some time for those anniversaries.

"One second," May replied, as Harry smiled and looked in the mirror to fix his hair and the maroon button-up long sleeve polo he was wearing.

He sat on their bed, patiently waiting for her, his own hand interlaced. When was the last time they went on a date? He can't remember because he was busy and they didn't spend much time together.

When the door opened, Harry's gaze was drawn to it, and he saw Mayari—the epitome of beauty, carved by the Goddess of Beauty of Love herself, as Harry described her right now. With her hair down and curled at the ends, her light make-up that enhanced her beauty even more, and her brown eyes that made him stare as if he were seeing the entire cosmos. She was dressed in a white V-neck puff sleeve dress that she paired with heels; the outfit embraces her body flawlessly, highlighting her curves.

She was worried about how she looked right now because they never went on a dinner date and she didn't sure if she was wearing the correct outfit or if her hair was okay. What about her make-up? Is her dress too short? is it too long? She has no idea because her husband has not said anything.

He looked up and down at her, adoring every detail of his wife. "You look ethereal, my darling," he remarked as he stood up, causing her cheeks to flush.

"Thank you," May said. "You look good too." He does look wonderful, with those hairs he tried to tame but it's still a mess, but she doesn't mind since she loves it. He didn't bother buttoning his top button, exposing some of his chest.

"You're pretty," Harry says as he wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him. "My pretty girl," he said softly, planting a kiss on the top of her head as his fingertip traced a circle on the side of her waist.

'My pretty girl,' those three words kept repeating in May's head like a broken machine, nonstop, but she didn't mind, no, she loved it. Hearing those words dance in his mouth felt incredible, and it made her heart and stomach flutter with ecstasy.

Harry unwrapped his arms from around her waist and intertwined his hand with hers, smiling at each other as they exited their house.

They went to their favorite restaurant and took a seat near the window. Mayari has a sense of déjà vu as she was in this situation two months ago on their third wedding anniversary.

"Are you okay, darling?" Harry quietly inquired, breaking her reverie, his fingers slowly caressing her palm, aiming to calm her down as she sat in here feeling a little melancholy.