For You | 1.1

idea by BreezyyyBoo

idea by BreezyyyBoo

---
[ written in third P.O.V ]

In a world inhabited by immortals and power-possessed mortals, a realm of people lived in poverty. It became apparent that the supplies were becoming insufficient by the day, leaving Queen Aurora Scarlet, the most powerful mortal in Roska, in a difficult situation.

As the bitter groans and complaints from the arena's powerless mortals reverberated in her ears, the queen sat there, her jaws clenched. The most outspoken of the crowd was adamant that she should have married one of the immortal monarchs instead of governing the kingdom alone. This caused her to sigh and shake her head.

Every morning and every day, and since she was a child, she had often heard derogatory remarks. She had no idea what they were talking about or why they were so angry because she was so little. The lady-in-waiting used to tell her that going out was never a good idea.

First, it was her father, the former monarch, who perished as a result of a serpent's poison. There was no way of knowing how the poison got into his system. Her father used to order her to keep the spectators in the stadium under lock and key. There weren't as many back then, and she didn't realize how difficult it was to keep things in check. Until she was proclaimed queen of Roska. That didn't mean she'd give up the kingdom and hand it on to someone who could run it better.

She would never give Roska to anyone. She had been raised not to trust anyone.

When her doe eyes fluttered open, her lovely purple orbs slowly revealed themselves. As she glanced at the individuals from the entrance to her sides, she batted her eyelids twice.

She was well aware that these people were trying to feed their families and support themselves. Being a member of the royal family didn't mean she was immune to the struggles of her human counterparts both outside and inside the royal castle.

She had done her best to help with a variety of business matters for her people. But what more could she have done at this point?

At the mine, there was no longer any gold or coal. Diamonds were hardly discovered. Even the animals her people bred and the vegetables they grew on their farms couldn't help. The majority of them died and were unable to reproduce. Surprisingly, they were well cared for.

Aurora's sigh grew increasingly louder.

"Your majesty?" she heard the courtier.

"Yes." Her silky voice chimed through the hall as she answered.

"Are you... okay?"

She said, "I am okay."

"This is the umpteenth time you sigh, your majesty."

Aurora looked at him. "Does it bother you?"

"To be honest, quite a bit."

The queen sighed again and said, "yes, I am not okay. I guess that's what you want to hear."