Lost | 2.1

idea by sugalitude

idea by sugalitude

---

[ written in first P.O.V ]

It had been a long time since we last met. The day that we finally had time to see each other. Hanging out, doing stupid things in public, strolling to Han River and taking selfies, eating ice cream, and many other things that other best friends have ever done.

I miss you, man.

Your old, funny quirk. Your weird words arrangements when you talk and how annoying you could be. I felt bad I couldn't find time to spend with you.

How has the world been treating my best friend?

I had been having a hard time. I didn't know how came I didn't remember where it started. Everything didn't feel right. Like, everything often happened out of my hands.

I genuinely hoped what had happened before wouldn't happen that day.

Six p.m.

You said you wanted to go to the Han River again to enjoy ramen at the stairs while watching the gleaming ocean sparkling as the sunset. I wanted to spend more time with you, but I didn't have any other places to visit in my mind, so I followed your idea. You bought us ramen and some snacks. However, all of a sudden, my mind turned blank, and subconsciously, I entered the shop with you.

"I thought you wanna wait outside so that no one steals our best spot," you said.

I didn't answer.

No.

I couldn't say a word.

I could say a word but, it felt like something or someone forced me not to say anything.

I didn't know what I bought. I wanted to ask you, but I was only able to beg you in my mind to tell me what I bought.

'What do I do, Taehyung? What am I buying?'

Was I buying something good for you, Taetae?

Then, I heard you say, "what is the knife for?"

Knife?

As soon as I had paid, I held the cutter and said nothing. I left you alone there. And I heard you say again, "hey, are you okay?"

I'm okay, but I don't feel okay.

Taehyung-ah, help me. How do I free myself from this hell?

The next thing I knew, I only stood there, staring at you. I heard something loud telling me to stab you.

Run, Taehyung!

I knew it was too late when I heard the creak and ticklish-shaky sensation from the cutter. And then, I did it.

No!

I stabbed you with the cutter, Tae. I stabbed your chest. Why didn't you stop me? You gasped, froze, stunned. Pain darkened your expression. When I pushed the cutter deeper, your face contorted deeper as you held my hand tight to stop me from digging it deeper.

You don't know how hard it was for me. I was trying to break loose from this trap. But how, Taehyung?

Blood gushed down to our hands. I heard screams behind us. Then, I felt something shutting down in me. We dropped to the ground when I was back to myself.

I'm scared. I'm hurt, Tae. What's going on with me? Why didn't you stop me?

I brought my hand that I used to stab you away. My breath became shaky. What have I done?

"T-Taehyung-ah." I was scared of getting near you, but I wanted to hold you in my arms. "H-hang in there. Call the ambulance!" I shouted at people, but they were running away.

They were running away. Who was going to help me save my best friend?

My tears trickled down my cheeks. More and more sobs and they began to stream like a waterfall. "Why didn't you stop me, Taehyung-ah?" My voice cracked at the end.

Your bloody hand brought itself to my face. You said, "Jimin-ah, it's okay."

The hell, Taehyung? I stabbed you and you tell that was okay?

"I knew this was going to happen," you said, and it brought more pain to my heart.

Why didn't you stop me if you knew?

"I'm a normal human, and you, a human with a microchip."

I begged you to stop talking. You are going to use up your energy! I didn't want to lose you. My best friend.

But you stubbornly continued, "I knew someone'd hacked your system and controlled you to get rid of me. It's not your fault." You let out a weak chuckle. "Who could have controlled you?"

By 2072, scientists had discovered the use of a microchip in the human brain. A user's profile can be accessed for formal purposes, as well as their memories and the view they have throughout their everyday lives. There was a plan to benefit all users who agreed to plant a microchip. Unfortunately, hackers had discovered ways to hack and use the systems of other users for their greedy purposes.

As yet, there was no law punishing microchip hackers.

Why did I agree with this in the first place? Why didn't I see this coming? What was I thinking before?

At two a.m.

My best friend left the world forever and I...

I didn't want to live like this.

It had been a while since I had lived with guilt.

Finally, I left too.

_________

no. of words : 862

A/N : not the best, but at least I tried my best :'D